Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
If anyone has visited this hotel recently, we would also welcome your comments across on our reviews page ...... please click here.

Many thanks
David :wave
Beecee, just return from Fuengirola and we saw the Piramides.....it's jsut at the start of the 'strip' of shops, restaurants, bars etc. You have pretty much everything within 5 mins walk.

Lisa
Thanks thats great Lisa.

Anyone actually stayed there recently?
We have booked to stay for 10 days next September at Hotel Las Piramides in Fuengirola. I am just trying to decide between booking a transfer, getting a taxi from the rank when we land, or getting the train to Fuengirola. Can anybody tell me if the hotel is comfortably walkable with a suitcase from the railway station?

Thanks
Piramides is at the castle end of town and is a 10-15 min walk from the Railway Station - probably not advisable with suitcases.

We've taken the train and then got a cab from the station and it takes about 45-60 mins from exiting the airport. going back to the airport we took a cab and it is only 15 mins as you use the toll road and I think it was between 20-25 euro.

Depending on times of arrival, cost and number of passengers, you need to look at the best option, but I'd cab it everytime.
Thanks, there's me and the missus. Cab sounds like best option
Less than 4 euros for the train and about 6 for a cab from Fuengirola station to Las Pyramides. It will probably cost more than 30 euros from the airport, as I paid 32 from Torreblanca to airport last july.
Thanks for all the replies. I think we'll be getting train to Fuengirola and then taxi from there to hotel. Planes, Trains & Automobiles - well there's a good idea for a film title :wink:
My husband and I stayed at Las Piramides about three years ago. Three things spring to mind,ONE is that the breakfast wasn't the best we've ever had choice-wise.TWO: if you order any wine with your meal it's expensive and THREE the entertainment was quite Spanish oriented, lots of flamenco and stamping etc. every night. The position of the hotel was fairly good, although not in the centre of Fuengirola it was within easy walking distance of the harbour etc. and right across the road from the beach. We hired a car and it was very difficult to find any parking spaces around there so we ended up having to park several streets away most days.
I stayed here just a few weeks ago with a group. The rooms we stayed in were quite small and one of the beds looked like a camp bed. However, the rooms were nice and clean and had great views. The food at breakfast was great but the rest of the time it wasn’t as nice. On our final day here we went to spend some time around the pool only to find it was FREEZING COLD. Luckily you can easily access the beach from the hotel so we were able to swim in the sea which was much warmer. We did not really find out about the service here but the staff seemed quite helpful. Overall I think the hotel is good but if your looking to spend lots of time round the pool go in the height of summer so the sun can heat up the pool.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.