Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Unfortunately we have no recent reviews. Our last one was at the time the two children died of carbon monoxide poisoning. You can read the reviews we have here
Thanks Fiona I thought somebody may have been,apparently it happened in a self -catering bungalow or apartment,we would go into AI accomodation which has hopefully been thoroughly checked,I bought a carbon monoxide alarm soon after that unfortunate accident.
I haven't looked through the reviews I'm afraid but you might find some useful info there.
We were there for a week in July this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed in one of the new blocks with a fabulous view of the sea. Family room was big enough for us and two boys 14 and 12 and very comfortable
We were all inclusive and food was very good if a bit samey towards the end. There are lots of nice cocktails on the AI package. We went to the Chinese restaurant in the hotel one night and swore never to go back ... service was appalling !!
There are organised kids clubs but my 2 didn't bother as they made friends with others and played Tennis , Golf , Football and had a great time. Lots of water sports/activites but not included in the AI. The staff looking after the kids were more interested in the teenage girls than actually organising anything !!
There are 2 pools , the one at the beach and the Lagoon. They are both good but sunbeds at the Lagoon are like hens teeth . Lagoon opens at 10am and people queue to book beds and then dissappear until after lunch and beds lie unused. I complained but nothing was done so took it upon myself to "remove" towels from unnattended beds. There are also 2 beaches which we preferred as they were usually relatively quiet and beds were available.
There is "entertainment" by the beach pool each evening and it is truly , spectacularly dreadful ... !!! If that passes for entertainment then I'm missing something !

The town of Gouvia itself is very nice and authentic Greek. There is a marina where you can watch hugely expensive yachts and the seaplane come and go. Corfu is 10 minutes in a taxi and worth the effort for the shopping alone.

Finally the highlight was a boat trip from the beach which goes along the coast and stops in a bay for everyone to have a swim. It is operated by a guy called Spiros (aren't they all !) who has been doing the job for 45 years and is a born entertainer. He is the spitting image of Sam Torrance the golfer and also pours extremely large measures of Ouzo!!

Overall I would thoroughly recommend this hotel , some minor irritations but nothing major ! Try and get a sea view Family room as they are worth the extra few quid and are in the brand new block.

ps Don't worry about the carbon monoxide thing as all fittings/boilers etc have all been renewed. They are still inspected every month by the Corfu authorities who have said they will close the place if standards slip again.
Thanks Willie

We booked a different hotel as our friends liked reviews more,perhaps we'll go there next year when it's our turn to choose.Glad to hear you enjoyed it ,though.T.
it would be a wonderful hotel, io work in Greece and its one of the best family hotels on the island especially if you have teenagers as there is a couple of nice bars very close by where and discos that are also extremely safe where they can go . Have fun !! Any advice you want on Corfu just ask
Hi
I agree this is a brilliant hotel,this will be the third year running that we have been and as always really looking forward to it , a good family hotel,3 weeks to go and cant wait. :cheers :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.