Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Ocean Resort
138 Posts
wanted to know if any one been here. Wondered how far away from main area of las americas it is. thinking of going there with friends. wondered what kids clubs were like taking 3 children aged 2,4 and 8.
me and my family have been there last 4 years and going back this year we love it. It is up a hill and a bit away from the busy nightlife good thing if you have young kids. beach is 10 min walk all downhill good cheap supermarket 2 mins down the road and a new shopping centre has just been finished right outside the hotel not sure how good kids clubs are but all the kids i seen seemed to have a ball at them hope this helps check out the hotel review section it may appear as the ocean palace as it just changed its name to ocean resort this year
I want to book a one bedroom in the Ocean Resort - but want to move the bed out of the bedroom and put the camp bed in there so I can put my young son to sleep in the bedroom at night and we still have use of the lounge.
Has anyone been to this hotel and can advise me whether they think this might be possible (unfortunately there are no two bedrooms left)
Also, is it as far away from civilisation as the first choice brochure makes it sound?
Hi,

We have booked to go to this hotel on 18th July with our 12 year old daughter. If there is anyone else going out there at this time, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks.

Janelesley
Hi All

Going End of Jan 2007 as a treat from my daughter will let you know what the all inclusive is like when we get back. I think the weather is still in the twentys then, well I hope so :?

Jen
8) was at the Ocean Palace in October 2003, the following year in October stayed at the Rui Adeje Hotel just down the road. Have booked the Ocean Palace now known as the Ocean Resort for October 2006. Was very impressed by the hotel on how clean the hotel was and how friendly the staff were. We were self catering, but my sister in laws family who went with us went half board and they were very impressed by the food in the resturant. The weather was excellent every day very warm and sunny. Though the hotel is about a 10 min walk to the beach front we did not find this a problem, and walked down to the front every evening. There is 2 great supermarkets only a 2 min walk from the hotel. The only down side about the hotel is that the tiles were very slippy around the pool and a girl did fall and break her arm when we were there so you must take extra care. A great thing about the hotel was that it had a laundry where you could wash and dry your clothes. Looking forward to returning to this hotel in October 2006, have booked a suite which was a little extra, but that ensures that we are in the original accommodation, if you book bedrooms this will be in the hotel next door which is not up to the standard to the ocean palace, ensure with your travel agent before you go.
Hi Arbroath smokie,

I'm a bit worried now, we have booked a 1 bedroom suite.
does this mean we will be in the other hotel. :?

Jen xxx
make double sure with travel agent that you are in original Ocean Palace Hotel and not the Nogal Beach Hotel which is to the back of the Ocean Palace. The interior of the Ocean Palace is very modern and all rooms face onto the pool which is great so there are no ugly views!
Can anyone describe to me the layout of a suite for a family of four. I guess that there is one bedroom, and sofa beds etc in the living area, but the First Choice brochure does not mention bedrooms. Also, how do the suites compare to an apartment? I'd also like to know, how is Adeje pronounced? Thankyou.
Adeje is pronounced Adehe.

Basically the 'J' is pronounced as a 'H'

Ad-eh-he
I have been to Ocean Resort and the appartments are sufficent for a family of 4. You have a bedroom and then you have a seperate living area where the children sleep.
Also a nice little bathroom with all mod cons!

It really is a lovely place, been there twice.

Charley
Thanks for your replies. Can anyone describe the layout of a suite to me, rather than an apartment. Thanks.
hey all. we are travling as a small family to the ocean resort in june/july. seem to have mixed reviews about it. Can anyone offer more information?
whats food like? will my 4 year old enjoy it (if she's happy, we're happy!)
travelled with first choice last year and they were first class, doing same again this year. can anyone recommend good excersions to go on? :wave
dont worry m8 its a great hotel your 4yr old will have plenty kids to play with im going 4th july food always been good when i been there as for trips theres plenty but book anywhere apart from hotel as they are normally the dearest enjoy your holiday
It has been 2 years since i last had a visit to Tenerife.
When i was staying at the ocean Resort hotel they were doing building work oppersite. Could anyone tell me what it is now please.

Returning to Tenerife in August (counting down the days!!)

Thank alot.
a new shopping centre not sure if open yet though i would think so
When we booked our hoilday we were told it was a 4star,and thats why we booked it , now i've read the 1 bedroon apartments are in the other part of the hotel and are only 3 star, does anyone know if this is true :?

is there anything I can do about this?

jen xx
Hi nasher,

If the apartments are in what was The Nogal Beach you really have nothing to worry about. We stayed there when it was first built and loved it so much we returned 4 times.

I don't know what changes they have made but the apartments all overlooked the pool and if you are lucky enough to get on the top floor the balconies were huge. (you used to be able to phone a few days before to ask for a top floor).

The apartments were all beautifully furnished with lovely kitchens and bathrooms.

We used the Ocean Palace for the evening entertainment only, which was usually very good.

When the Nogal Beach first opened in 2002 it was 4 star I think.

Hope this helps and have a great holiday!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.