Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
The Taihiti Playa has indeed replaced the Pinsmar. I don't know about the bars, but last time I was there, The Ship bar was next door. The Costa Brava ends at Blanes/Malgrat at the River Tordera in the province of Girona. The coast then becomes the Costa Maresme in the province of Barcelona although it seems to be grouped together by most travel companies as the Costa Brava. Hope this helps...Mark
Thanks Mark...The bar we went to was quite a way from the hotel and was quite rustic in theme, but cant remember just where though. Was the Pinsmar actually demolished and replaced by the Taihiti, or is it the same hotel but been remodelled or altered?

Best Regards - Taggy
According to its website, the Tahití Playa Hotel opened in July 1999, I was in the resort about 2 years ago and the Hotel looks to be modern rather than a refit of an older building.
Thanks again Mark

Best Regards - Taggy
I thought it was a refit of of the old hotel but have since found this web address showing the demolition of the Pinsmar.

http://www.controldemeter.com/voladuras/pinsmar.htm#

Cheers
Mark
Malgrat and santa susanna is now costa maraseme hence the spelling. :)
Or is it now the Costa De Barcelona???? :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.