Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Can't tell you much about the hotel, but in Playa de Muro (where the Rio Mar is) one of the best places to eat is Boy - about 5-10 minutes walk. Enormous portions and excellent service. Behind Boy is El Laberinto, the giant maze. Quite good fun for all the family. Oasis opposite has a large bouncy castle for the kids. A bit further away is Cheers in the Las Gaviotas part of PDM - lots of all-family ents, or The Swan (similar). Otherwise, you can go into Puerto Alcudia. .
You can read our reviews for the hotel HERE

Kath HT Admin
thanks for the replies.

Anyone else been to the Rio Mar recently? Latest reviews are 2 years old!

Any good places to eat and drink in the vicinity?
Weve stayed in the Riomar, it is fine, not luxurious though, the rooms were quite small. I would say that its difficult to sunbathe around the pool as the trees cause shade quite a lot of the day, but youve got the beach nearby.

There wasnt great entertainment on there, so we usually caught the bus up to the "Bellvue" area where there was a lot more happening. Restaurants up there were "Lunas Grill", which also had entertainment on about 9pm, there is a lovely chinese at the bottom of "Bellvue Hiill" called the Grand Mundho, I would highly recommend it.

As the busses run along the main road in front of the Riomar, you can go to either Can Picafort in one direction.......or the centre of Alcudia/the Port Area, and further on to Peurto Pollensa very cheaply.
Thanks for the response.

Anyone got any other recommendations for good restaurants/pubs in the area - not a big fan of ex-pat food joints of chips with everything!

Any recommendations for days out in the Alcudia area - we won't have a car but are open to suggestions for a good day out.

Thanks
In the immediate Alcudia area, there isn't a huge choice for days out - Hidropark in Puerto Alcudia, Rancho Grande at Son Serra perhaps (if you like horses that is) - otherwise you would need to go further afield. There are plenty of excursions to different things across the island, e.g. Marineland or the water parks in the south, so not having a car is not a problem.

Most of the restaurants etc in the Rio Mar area tend to be international, like Boy (grilled meats by and large). The pubs in Playa de Muro are pretty much all as you describe. Es Punt, next to Boy, is different as it's Spanish.

If you go into Puerto Alcudia (the port itself as opposed to the Bellevue area) there is more variety on the restaurant front - tapas, Mallorcan etc - though the bars/pubs are generally Brit-style.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.