Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi,

Does anyone know which tour operator is featuring the Hotel San Valentin in Son Bou please for next year ???

Apparently Skytours did it this year, but looking on Thomson site for 2006 it is not an option with them.

If anyone can help, I will be grateful. Save me having to browse through every single brochure on the travel agent shelf !!!!

Thanks
Sorry don't know about the San Valentin, our local airport is cutting back on a lot of flights next year too, which is a shame.
  • Edited by Acorncup 2005-10-05 18:27:11
Portland Direct (part of Thompsons) are doing the San Valentin next year and cheaper than First Choice I think!! :D
ooh...the plot thickens!!!!

well spotted, Jill!
can anyone tell me if the san valentin in son bou would be suitable for a 16 and a half year old boy(typical teenager) and a 12 year old .have read the reviews and they sound brill but i don't want them to be bored.
any other info welcome
We went with Thomas Cook this year, but did not pay their brochure price! The brochure price stated 800 each (approx) can't remember exact amount for two weeks half board, we found it on teletext and paid about 850 for two of us, but we only booked about 3 weeks before departure.

Hazel, we have stayed many times at San Valentin, always families there, but have to say not sure about suitability for teenagers. Young children, yes, they have a team who are brilliant with them, have games, face painting etc. all seemed very happy, for teenagers there is tennis, volley ball, games machines, super swimming pool. Entertainment, shows each evening, but not sure if teenagers would find them exciting enough.

You would be fine if you had a car, you could then take them down into Son Bou, or drive into Mahon, Es Castell,plenty of life in both. San Valentin hotel is right at the top of a very steep hill, there is a courtesy hotel bus throughout the day, but it stops about 6.30pm. Obviously so guests will use hotel facilities in the evening.

Cannot fault the hotel though, food good, bedrooms roomy, staff excellent, hotel spotless.

Hope this helps, difficult decision with teenagers! I am sure you will love Son Bou, the beach is one of the best in Menorca, the hotel pool and surroundings are lovely, always plenty of sun loungers at any time of the day, good poolside bar and open air restaurant for lunch etc. just not sure about evenings in hotel, but with a car - no problem.

Regards

Lena
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.