Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Sonesta Beach Resort is very good for wheelchair users, they have ramps in place ( Egyptian style ;) ) They also have their own wheelchair if any guests need them. There are one or two inclines if you are at the back of the hotel (but still ok), but no bridges to cross. Also very flat in and around Naama bay, about 20 mins walk from the hotel also.

I would avoid the Ghazala Gardens - everywhere connects to bridges

Ghazala Beach is not to bad, although the chalet rooms remind me of butlins, but the beach there is lovely, you also go in the sea the normal way and not off a jetty !

Hope that helps a little :cheers
Derwentrocker thank you for the reply will check that hotel out .
I cant give a recommendation as such, but I would say that it might be best to avoid The Rennaisance Golden View Beach resort and possibly other hotels at the Ras um Sid/Habada end of Sharm el Sheikh as there hotels are built on slopes running down to the sea and they have lots of steps. So unless you can get a view from someone that has stayed in a hotel at that end, I wouldn't chance it.

I'm wondering if the Nabq Bay area of Sharm might be better for you as it seems flater there with hotels more on one level.

Doe :sun2
doepsmc wrote:
I cant give a recommendation as such, but I would say that it might be best to avoid The Rennaisance Golden View Beach resort and possibly other hotels at the Ras um Sid/Habada end of Sharm el Sheikh as there hotels are built on slopes running down to the sea and they have lots of steps. So unless you can get a view from someone that has stayed in a hotel at that end, I wouldn't chance it.

I'm wondering if the Nabq Bay area of Sharm might be better for you as it seems flater there with hotels more on one level.

Doe :sun2

Out of Ras Um Sid area the Hilton Waterfalls is the only one that I would class as wheelchair Friendly as it has the Funicular railway/ Elevator to all rooms but there's no beach access

on the other side of the area the Aqua Blue IS disabled friendly as well as being Wheelchair friendly as there are ways around everywhere and the whole hotel is on the flat just ask for a ground floor room like we did and it's sister the Albatros has a lift down to the beach proper

But the Sonesta Queen has already stated the best hotel in Sharm for wheelchair users
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.