Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hotels in Faro
7 Posts
I had the same problem last year and stayed at the IBIS hotel. It's about 5 minutes taxi ride from the airport but near enough the Forum Algarve Shopping Mall (about 5 minutes walk) to allow some retail/food therapy.

IBIS is a well know chain hotel and nothing wrong with their rooms for a short stay.
Cubsur, thanks for that i have checked out Ibis and i agree they do seem very good, how much did they charge you and how much was the taxi fare from the airport?
The taxi was €5 and the twin room €39 if I remember correctly. Breakfast was €4 or 5 extra.
According to their site it is now 85 Euros - still okay but its an increase of more then double! :yikes
€85 indeed at the end of July; €55 earlier in the month. My stay was in June so that might explain it. Obviously they know they have a market in people being mucked about by airlines!

There are a couple of other hotels not far away, the Hotel EVA and the Hotel Faro. These are both in the town centre and could well be more expensive. There is another budget hotel in Faro, I have seen its sign but cannot remember its name except it looks slightly Arabic!
Hi there.You could try Hotel Monaco which is in the Montenegro village which is situated between Faro and the airport.I think the other Hotel Cubsur is talking about is hotel Almansor.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.