Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I am back in Goa
10 Posts
Gayleanne :wave:

Great to hear the latest news from Goa, you got a really dood deal on the appartment :tup

Hope to hear more of your adventures xx lassi
When we were in Candolim in October a few years back, it was so quiet. No traffic and in fact had problem finding a taxi to take us back to Calangute. It sounds like its the same now. Good price for the apartment - my goodness is it really that quiet at the beginning of March? :que
I don't really know why I am asking- a few years back the forum was heaving- at one point middle of February I counted 1000 posts in one week!Hope you have a great time :)
Hi Gayleanne
Just wondering what reason did you put down for returning wihin the 2 months
Hi gayleane
see you have not been back on has your lap top given up? come to see us at trhe meets wednesdays and the quiz on friday both at the carvery beach rd :wave:
think the laptop might have cooked :rofl :rofl where are you leanne ??
chilly ;)
To be truthful this flaming laptop keeps on losing my postings, I can spend half an hour writing a report press submit, and I lose the lot, so I will have to do it in small reports I think.

It is so hot here today, with no breeze at all to keep things cool, the Indians/Goans, usually only have 2 speeds SLOW and DEAD SLOW, the past few days they have introduced a new speed, STOP. Everywhere you go there are the locals with pieces of cloth over there heads, sleeping everywhere, you could rob the local bank and the security guard wouldn't notice, as he is fast asleep with his gun cwtched up in his arms. athe tourists arn't much better, I am sat on my balcony overlooking the pool, and all the sunbeds are plastic with plastic matresses, they are sunbathing with towels over there heads, legs, arms, or any other bits that are showing, not having the common sense to put the umberella up. or move into the shade. :que Talk about mad dogs and englishmen/women. even the local cats and dogs have more sense.
Everything is so very quiet, here, yesterday I had a dental appointment in Calangute, I was running a bit late, so I rang my local tuk tuk driver, he told me on the phone that the fare to Calangute from Candolim has gone up to 170rps, because of the price of fuel, and lack of business, I very polietly told him to stick his tuk tuk where the sun dont shine and I will pay 5rps for a bus ride, which I prefer using anyway. :que :really

I went to a shop in Calangute yesterday, to buy a new bikini, I had gone to the same shop 5 weeks ago, to buy the same bikini, it cost 350rps, yesterday same bikini, but a different colour, same shop and assistant, and she would not come below 1100rps, needless to say it is still in the shop, I really feel for the new comers that havent been here before they are paying way over the top for things, but because they have knocked a couple of hundred rps off the price they think that they have got a bargain. You cant tell them any different.
Talking about kindles, a lot of people have had problems with theres over here, mine is working fine, but a lot of people have said that there's started going wrong on the plane coming over, If you are bringing yours over, it may be a good idea to go onto the Amazon site before you leave, to see if they have any advice, on how to make sure it works properly when you get here.

Since I have been back I have carried on using the same beach shack that I have used for a few years, last week I went to mapusa on Wednesday, Panjim on Thursday, and Calangute on Friday, so I didnt use the shack for a few days, (it is practically empty most of the time anyway), although 5/6 weeks ago they were full, when I arrived at the shack on Saturday, I was given such a frosty reception, by the owner, he rudely asked me where I had been for the past few days. I explained that I had been busy doing other things, and he told me to tell him when I wouldn't be there, I don't ever leave my towel there, and I don't order food that has to be specially ordered or made, and my bill is usually about 500/1000rps per day. So I walked off and I am now using the shack next door, his loss not mine. Business is bad for everyone this year, but you can't explain to them, that people are not as rich as they used to be, they see the British as money tree's. most of this years tourists, are on a limited budget, it was to most of them take the holiday, and live on a budget, or lose the holiday completely. :think SORRY i HAVE WRITTEN SO MANY POSTS, BUT OTHERWISE I WILL LOSE THEM AND HAVE TO START AGAIN
Leanne good to hear from you and your laptop,dont know where you go shopping but i realy have not seen any variation in the prices of stuff in the months i have been here apart from the petrol which has risen a couple of times but now with the new government in power they are promising to drop it by 11 rupees a litre (that will bring it to 53.30rupees a litre)at the pumps,i think its better to move beach shacks every so often as they realy think they have it made if you use the same ones regularly and 500-1000 :yikes is a big spend for a day in a shack especialy if thats for one so he should have been on his knees welcoming you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.