Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
have you seen the members reviews sorry but most recent was2007

yasus
wizard
We're going there next month for the first time so I'll write a review when we return.
Off there on Tuesday to meet the Minotaur again. I must remember to pack a ball of string to find my way around the Knossos Maze and I have been warned not enter at Minotaur feeding time in case he's still hungry after 3700 years without any dinner.
We have just returned safely and I have sent in a report on this excellent hotel. Have a look when it is published. Yes, we loved the place. Read the report, remembering two things: 1. I don't like hotels and 2. This was our first experience of all-inclusive. Very impressive place and lovely area. First photos on the first 6 folders HERE and I shall post some more relevant ones on this site when I have a moment.
Hi all
Hi now we are getting closer to our holidays my husband keeps coming up with questions so here goes will he after were trousers in the restaurant on a evening or can he were 3 quarter trousers, and what kind of glasses are used around the hotel on a evening, 1 question for me do they do a baileys or equivalent

Thanks Janet
1. Trousers, I would think. I can't remember anything else being worn in the evenings but not sure I'd notice.
2. Usual mix of glasses if you mean the drinking kind. Standard wine glasses, beer tankards and shot glasses, both in the restaurant/bar and on the terrace.
3. Baileys and many other familiar brands are indeed served at the bar, together with other labels unknown to me but well worth a try. The House red and white wines are available from help-yourself pumps scattered around the hotel in the restaurant and other bars. There is also a wine list for which an additional charge may be made.

Have fun and don't forget the Greek Dancing lessons from the Animation Team. Yes, I was bullied into them by my wife. Made a change from the archery, shooting, theatre, cinema, water sports, body trim (??!) etc etc.
hi thanks for the information, how did you find the food, and do they provide towels for the sun beds,
thanks Janet :)
I can't remember seeing such a huge selection of food, set out on several tables at one side of the restaurant. Always a Greek table (which pleased me) and usually a special cuisine as well. All help yourself. Good mixture of meat and vegetarian food. Lots of puddings, fruits and pastries. Raki flask, wine and beer pumps in evidence. Yes, of course they do cornflakes, bacon and eggs at breakfast. I did remember to take my Marmite with me.

The main pool also has a small restaurant with a smaller selection of dishes. There should also be a "Special night" in the Pool restaurant with a particular country's cuisine and this will incur an additional charge.

Towels are available from the pool kiosk on production of your room card.

I'm feeling hungry now. I'm off to raid the kitchen.
:) Hi thanks for the information, just one more question how far his it to the nearest town or village
Thanks Janet :)
3 Km to Panormo. We usually walked there and came back on the Noddy Train, which does tours around the area in the mornings and a regular bus service in the afternoons and evenings. No, they wouldn't let me drive it.

http://www.firestation.org.uk/noddy2.jpg
:) thanks for all the information, will try the noddy train, can you use the bars and restraunts at the other hotels if they are open
thanks janet :)
I see from the hotel website HERE that the Panorama shares facilities with its sister hotel, the Creta Mare, next door.

We often had lunch elsewhere anyway, at Rethymnon, Iraklio, Panormo or Chania since we were out most days (by bus) having a look round. We were always back in the Panorama for dinner since we were nominally on a Bridge holiday and some members of our party were playing most evenings in the hotel.

ergo, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question.
:) Hi can any body let me know if creta marine and creta mare and panarama are all linked and if they are can we use the diffrent restraunts and bars
thanks
janet
I've found the programme and price list for the Noddy Train morning excursions and afterrnoon taxi service:

HERE
:) hi thanks for that information but when i click on here it does not let me do anything

thank you
janet
opened up ok for me ..........pity it wasn't the right way up tho , but not a problem
I like to lie down and relax while I'm reading so it's better on its side! Clear your cache and try again or reload. I've rotated it 90 deg. and yes, it does enlarge on zoom in (ctrl + or ctrl scroll).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.