Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
i was also looking at this hotel for 2006.

Could anyone advise?
topjet - we were looking for 2006 - have made some enquiries re rooms but not got anywhere really !!!!! :( :( Have been informed by more than one agent that this hotel is really popular and as at last week was booked up till April 2006 !

Ali x
yes i am certainly intrested, because we can get with eclipse direct on the new First Choice aircraft, and they dont have a problem with my knee and the doctors note, some airlines do.
Snap Topjet - we were looking at First Choice or Eclipse however they are insisting on cramming 4 of us into one room !! A nightmare in itself. If I'm paying out all that money I need to know that we are going to be comfortable and not all squashed up.

That is why I really need to hear from someone that has stayed there that can advise regarding rooms and buildings etc

Ali x
the only problem you will have is if you have 2 "separate " rooms you will end up paying for 4 adults.

Try the Iberostar site , they will probably have the best information .
Try to stay close to the beach. Iberostar Tucan is pretty long.
You can get a suit, so it will reduce the pain somewhat.
Iberostar Tucan runs sometimes a special sale for kids. They stay free if under 18.
This sale is available from US tour operators.

You can check the following websites for more info.

http://www.sunvacations.org

http://www.iberostar.info

or send your detailed request to info@sunvacations.org

Good luck
We went there in September 2004 and had a fantastic time. The hotel was lovely, the staff very friendly. we're returning in May 2006 to get married there with 28 of our friends & family.
Thanks for that everyone - will look up the recommended websites :D :D
Hi All, we are lucky enough to have booked the Iberostar Tucan for 2 weeks in Dec 2005 via Direct Holidays. We were advised at the time of booking that all they had left were the Junior Suites in the block right on the beach so we thought ok lets pay the extra and book it. So we are going 7th Dec! Cant wait!! Have read great reviews on the TripAdvisor page. Dont think you can go wrong with an Iberostar can you.. :D
Good for you SallyMac - am really jealous - don't forget to post a report and let us know what its like !!!!!

Ali x
Will do Ali5! I know its ages till we go but I cant wait! We were at the Iberostar Costa Dorada in the Dom Rep in November (honeymoon!) so know what to expect from an Iberostar hotel. Service and food were second to none. I hope you manage to get something booked too. Sally xx :lol: :lol:
hi we are going to the tucan on the same day as you sallymac. got the impression that u had been to the tucan before.if you have could you please tell me a bit about it?
hi Linzi! Are you flying from Manchester ? If so it will be same flight as us! Havent been to the Tucan before, but have been to another Iberostar hotel so know the levels of service and luxury you can expect. Have also spoken to people who have been to the Tucan and nobody has a bad word to say about the complex. I cant wait to go! Have a look at http://www.iberostar-board.com for some photos. Sally xx :D
hi sallymac thanks for that.had a look at that site and the hotel looks fab! yeah its the manchester flight that im going on as well. i cant wait!
You and me both Linzi!! I am marking the days off on the calender at work and driving everyone mad. No doubt we will bump into each other on the coach trip to the hotel. :D I am so looking forward to 2 weeks of sunshine (hopefully!!), loads of drink and food and lots of relaxing on the beach. I will have driven everyone daft by December!!
Lucky you both :D I have booked the IB Tucan but, don't go until August 2006 :shock: Ageeees away :roll:
Hi Hollyday! Well thats something to really look forward to for the next 12 months or so. :D I will post a review when we get back and if you have any questions will be more than happy to help you out. It really really looks like a fab place to go. :lol:
hey

I am off to the tucan next feb to marry. I have family coming form Ireland, germany, sweden and America and I am sure they will not be dissapointed. The wedding co-ordinator has been so informative and I have even got a wedding date. She got back to me with a date within 48 hours, hows that for a profesional service!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.