Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ice
8 Posts
Obviously, everyone's different and some people have more sensitive stomachs than others, but all I can say is that neither myself nor any members of my family have ever suffered stomach upsets or been ill in any way after eating or drinking while on holiday in Turkey - and we've been going for quite a few years now!
keithyu2,

The vast majority of bars and restaurants use ice made with mineral water (pre-packed), not tap water. It's therefore safe to drink. If in doubt, ask them when ordering drinks to double check. I've never had an issue with ice in Turkey.

Darren
I don't think it's safe to assume that ice will be made from bottled water because I've asked at various restaurants/resorts in the past and quite a few times the staff have admitted that the ice is made from tap water. Generally it's safest to stick to bottled Efes :cheers
the tap water in turkey is filtered and safe to use the only problem is the high mineral content, i am a regular visitor to turkey and i always have ice/clean my teeth with tap water etc you will be fine
hey, nowadays you will find most restaurants have their ice delivered ready to use as it is really cheap and easier for them to do this! i used to always avoid ice just in case got dodgy tummy and when i got with my bf,now hubby lol in 2006 and used to hang around/help at the restaurants he worked, there was an ice van that used to go round all the places asking if they wanted to buy any, hubby says this now seems to be standard practice in most places now (hes worked in tourist resorts for more than 10 years so i guess hes seen all the changes lol!) and i have to say since discovering this i do have ice in my drinks and havent had any problems over the past 4 years, even this year when i was in marmaris and 7 months pregnant lol!enjoy your hol and dont worry!x
The ice is alright ,the cider is more likely to upset your stomach :rofl
Agree with aam, it was only a couple of weeks ago I was sitting at the Seagull Bar, Club Turquoise, watching them fill up the ice freezer, bag after bag of bought in ice. Believe me, if there was a cheaper way they would find it. Never had any problems with the ice.

Wilson ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.