UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Ilfracombe
7 Posts
It's at the very top of a hill! You will be pleased you have the car. I don't rate Ilfracombe personally (lived there for my first 21 years) but the area is great - Exmoor, and the coastal beaches of Woolacombe, Saunton and Croyde are fantastic.
:wave Hi Keswick Thanks For That, I Had An Idea About The Hill, Alright Going Down Hill, But Don't Like Going Back Up, Need The Excercise Though And Have An Over Excitable Dog To Drag Me Back Up The Hill Anyway. Cheers Tel. :glynis
Actually, I quite liked Ilfracombe. Admittedly the town itself isn`t up to much, but I liked the harbour area and shops, and there`s some lovely cliff scenery around abouts. We stayed just round the corner from you at Newberry Farm caravan site with our tourer, very nice.
If you talk about the harbour back up then we are talking about a hill like no other! Still, think of me when you are walking the dog. As a youngster, I went to the school (the factory looking building by John Fowlers) and we had to run cross country down the hill to the quay, up Hillsborough round and down, and then back up the hill from the harbour again to school!

JF is now right by the new Tesco! Convenient groceries (and beer!)
Stayed at Woolacombe fabulous beach have viseted Ilfracombe both in season and out of season best bits the harbour and Tunnell Beach.
:wave Hi Just Got Back, And You Definetly Was'nt Joking About That Hill, We Asked In Reception How Long It Would Take To Walk To The Harbour We Were Told 15-20 Minutes :rofl Yeah Right, OK Going Down But Murder Coming Back Up, That Aside, Beautiful Scenery, Lovely Beach At Woolacombe, Spectacular Coastal Walks Either Side Of Combe Martin, Around Croyde And Between Braunton And Barnstaple, Fowlers Camp Was OK, Accommodation Was Clean And Tidy, With All The Basics You Need, Microwave, Toaster, Telly Etc., The Club Was Not To Our Taste As It Was Full Of Screaming Kids Running Around, So Most Nights We Went Down To The Town And Harbour, But Then Had The Prospect Of Cardiac Hill On The Way Back As The Bus Service Was A Bit Vague, Sometimes They Turned Up And Sometimes They Did'nt, But It Was A Nice Holiday And Would Go Back Again, Although I Could Do With Another Week Off Work To Rest After All That Hill Climbing. Cheers Tel. :glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.