Holiday Advice

Holiday Advice From HolidayTruths Admins
A MEMBER OF MY FAMILY HAS HAD A TERRIBLE ACCIDENT/ILLNESS - WHAT SHOULD I DO? THEY HAVE HAD TO BE ADMITTED TO HOSPITAL

FIRST AND FOREMOST - Contact the emergency number on your insurance policy and make sure that any treatment is authorised.

DO NOT agree to sign anything in the hospital without your insurance company has authorised it otherwise you may find that you have agreed to pay a huge medical bill and if your insurance company disagrees you will be liable and this can be VERY VERY EXPENSIVE, especially in the United States.

The golden rule is ALWAYS SEEK AUTHORISATION FOR ANY MEDICAL TREATMENT NECESSITATING A HOSPITAL STAY FIRST and in an emergency situation if it involves transportation by ambulance to hospital you make sure that you telephone the insurance company immediately you arrive at the hospital before any treatment takes place.

In the most extreme cases where death results through injury or illness, then your insurance company should arrange for the transportation of the deceased person back to the United Kingdom but PLEASE NOTE most insurance policies will only cover the return of the deceased person to the United Kingdom NOT the journey by road to the chapel of rest - that has to be paid for by whoever is arranging the funeral.

DO KEEP ALL RECEIPTS for any associated costs with visiting a sick person in hospital, e.g. if you have to stay longer than the duration of your holiday and this incurs additional hotel costs, it is essential that you keep receipts.
HOLIDAY CURTAILMENT

If you are forced to curtail your holiday because someone in the United Kingdom close to you has died or is seriously ill, DO NOT jump on an aeroplane and then think of making a claim against your insurance policy - YOU MUST GET AUTHORISATION FIRST before any curtailment of your holiday takes place - again you will lose your money if you do not have authorisation from your insurance company first.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.