Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
you can get a sim from pretty much all electrical shops, dont forget your mobile must be unlocked to use it.
cheapest way to call the uk is going into phone kiosks which again are located all over and easy to find
Simple answer is DON'T. Telephone from street kiosks, do not use room phones in complex. 4 mis from street kiosk will cost 1 euro. if posing is required, just pretend you are talking to someone, then when the coast is clear, use a kiosk.
Enjoy your holiday
thnx for replies, :cheers think i'm past the age for posing , but will forward tip do my daughter and son. :rofl
can someone tell me if T mobile works in Tenerife
Be very careful if you have Orange as your net work, I was stung 2 years ago, text my son form Tenerife airport to say we had arrived, he had flown out a few hours before us, it cost me £4.00 the next day I phoned him I was on for a few minutes and then My balance was empty £ 20 in a text and call. Phone from the kiosks we always use them they are so cheap.
T Mobile will connect to another network, only problem is you will pay the spanish network you are connected to, as well as T Mobile in the UK..........but it will work yes
If you want someone to stay in contact with you, agree with them that they can ring the mobile and you can call them back from a payphone.
Why not just buy a Spanish Sim on arrival from any mobile outlet, it works out a lot cheaper
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.