General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We found out to our cost that insurance tends NOT to cover you for hurricanes.
If you are hurt as a result, you are covered for medical bills. If your luggage gets ruined/swept away you are covered for that. If your accommodation is wrecked they will pay to put you up till they can get you home.
You are not covered for losing your holiday or part of it due to a hurricane. If you choose not to travel to somewhere a hurricane is headed you get nothing back.
Bridd
To the best of my knowledge no travel insurance policy will cover you for losses as a result of "disinclination to travel". In other words, if your travel company/ carrier are prepared to take you to your booked destination and you decide not to go, you bear the cost yourself.
most ins wont pay for cancellation due to natural disaster especially if the flights are still operating and you choose not to travel!
if flights are cancelled , most operators issue full refund!
:( :(

Does anyone know if the Blue Bay Club Hotel was badly affected by Wilma, due to go early next year - have you been, were you their ??
Does anyone have an e-mail address for the hotel ?

Any info would be appreciated.

:oops:
try ..... http://www.cancuncare.com

Loads of interesting and relevant info on Cancun. Either look in the hurricane wilma pics section or the blue bay getaway (BBG) lounge. I read recently that the BBG opens today.

Cazz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.