Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hi there,

I haven't stayed at the hotel you mentioned in Perama, but i have stayed at the resort!!! The resort (if u can call it that lol) is very very small with a small!! corner shop and about 3 restaurants, we used to go to the one opposite our hotel(hotel perama) and were lucky that it was very good, unless u wanted to catch a bus into benitses, which would take about 15-20 minutes at least. Benitses itself was ok with a variety of restaurants and a few shops. Corfu town wasn't far away either, which had a large variety of shops and restaurants and a good town to visit. bye for now, jeanette
Hi not stayed at the hotel you mention but at Nino's apartments, Roda to my mind has something for all ages good bars and places to eat, there is even a fish and chip restaurant, we were there about 3 years ago and really enjoyed it, we have friend that go twice a year so it cant be that bad,which ever you choose I hope you have a good holiday
Regards
Margaret(Madmum) :lol:
Have not stayed at the places you mention, but have stayed in Roda for
the last five years! Smashing little place.If you like it quietish, plenty of beach, with a stroll along beach to Acharavi. Plenty of well organised trips,
plenty of places to hire cars, motor bikes/scooters/quad-bikes/motor boats/fishing tackle etc. We stay at the Aphroditi on the front, with it's
20 yard walk to the beach, and 10 yard walk to the pool. (Direct holidays)
The restaurants cater for all tastes, local cuisine, in fact all euroean tastes
plus many others. If your hotel is family run,you will be as spoilt as we
always have been.(new customer or old)
Hope this helps.

Ian P. :D :D :D :D :D
Hi,

I too have got a good deal for the Aeolos beach, but a bit unsure as all the reviews I find seem to be negative. Have you booked anything yet?
I am going to the Irene Hotel week commencing 13th June and will post an entry on my return.

I too got a good deal for all inclusive with Sunstar ( Advertising in the Sunday newspapers) but could find no reviews on the Irene Hotel.

They advertise holidays in another Hotel ( Mirimare) which does not appear to get good reviews.

I've taken the gamble on my knowledge of northern Corfu where I have been twice before to Kassiopi which is beautiful.

The Hotel has a very good website which does make the place look really good. http://www.greekhotel.com/ionian/corfu/irenehotel

I will let you know how I get on

:D
First things first..... Irene Hotel is in Acharavi not Roda.
It is however only a five to ten minute stroll along the beach road/dirt track.

On arrival at the airport we were informed that we had been moved to the Beis Beach Hotel in Acharavi.

We spoke to our rep from Corfu Travel Services the following morning and she told us that they had only just started to use the Irene Hotel and had got so many complaints in the first few weeks that they stopped using it.

It appears that although the accommodation seemed fine, the hotel was run like a prison camp with extremely rude staff and a basic choice of take it or leave it with the meals.

I will do a full review of the Beis Beach hotel later but if you are booked into this hotel or get moved to it.......... don't worry it was a really nice hotel with a good location and the food and choice of food was excellent.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.