Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi this resort is perfect for your children. The only thing I would advise is that the pool at isla paraiso has 2 ends with a bridge going over onto a small bar area in an island. You would have to be very vigilant at all times, as you could not see that end of the pool if you were sat at the other end.

If you have a pushchair with a 'tow board' for your 3 year old, then I would bring that too. The isla is located quite low down a hillside that goes to the beach, so if you walk the road way round the resort it is quite hilly.

On your arrival in the resort, you will pass a small mini village called coves noves, just passed here but before you pass the hotel aguamarina, on your left, there is a small square with a giant inflatable whale at the roadside, this is 10/15 min walk from isla.

As you enter past the aguamarina take a look to your right, you will see the most amazing view of the bay.

The whole resort is geared up for sc holidays, with supermarkets and restaurants, all child friendly.

Most of the complexes have nightly entertainment which you can just wander into. The Aguamarina, also has a play area where you can watch the kids while having a drink.

We have been to this resort 4 times now the first with a 9 month old and a 3 year old. The whole island is nice, but I would only ever go here.

Any more questions please do not hesitate to ask........
thanks Debbg very much for your reply. We are really looking forward to the holiday as it has been a long year for us!

Have you stayed at the Isla Paraiso? I'm confident that the pool won't be an issue as our 2 are so young that we will always be with them in the pool, never alone. The apartments sound good, but I cannot find any reviews on them at all.

Any advice on good restaurants locally would be welcome. We do like our food, traditional not with chips! Like to sample the local cuisine, we have seen reports that Arenal is a bit 'samey' and 'english' with respect to food. Is that the case?

Thanks agaisn

Helli
We stayed opposite at the sol isla apartments, but went to the isla for an evenings entertainment, we wandered around the complex too, the apartments look spacious, if you can go for 1st floor, because everybody looks in otherwise as there is a path just outside the patio doors!!

The restaurants all have a good choice, Kanes at the top of the hill, is very good, mainly english, and you will get brocoli here too!! In most of the places to eat there are english options as well as very good childrens meals. There is a very nice chinese and like most chinese restaurants is a little expensive. At the Isla, there is a restaurant where you can eat, my 10 year old loved the ravioli here.

If you are into sea food, go into fornells one evening and eat at a harbourside restaurant, they are fantastic.

If you wander up to the inflatable whale, there is a square of restaurants try the one at the back on the right hand side- pirates? Try a kebab, it will come out on a long upright skewer - not for the faint hearted.

We all have very different tastes, i like saucy food, my husband likes traditional, 1 son will try anything and the other wont try anything that looks different!!

We never go hungry here!!!

Opposite the entrance to the Isla is a supermarket that has its own bakery at the back, and we used to get french sticks, pate, ham and have these for lunch.

At the back of the sol isla, which is opposite and up the hill from Isla Paraiso, there is a bar called smithys, you will probably drive past in on arrival, they do a good breakfast and evening meal.

Arenal is only a village, with what I think are good facilities for families with small children.
We found Arenal superb with young kids. very family friendly :)
We stayed at the Isla paraiso a couple of years ago. It was very good. The apartments were excellent, we had only booked a 1 bedroom apartment, but we actually had a 2 bed apartment. The extra room with 2 teenagers was great. The apartments were very clean on arrival and were cleaned most days, with fresh linen ansd towels. Our apartment looked out over the bay, some of the others looked out over the pool area. The views from the sun terrace were spectacular looking out over the bay.

We had the ususal problems with sun beds or lack of them. The pool was good but quite cold, but not a problem. Food was very good here as we had half board. Lots of choice always plent there even for fussy eaters.

There was a good supermarket close by for fresh bread, water etc.

Entertainment was good. Disco and entainment for the children first, then the usual shows later if you wanted it.

The beach was excellent, though I felt the hire of sun beds were expensive from what i can remember.

Overall it was a great holiday would recommend it, hope you have a good time. any other questions feel free to ask. Would have no hesitation on going back but there are other places I would like to go first.
hi
Arenal d'en Castell i think is the best resort for kids we stayed opposite at the sol isla apartments which is part of the same complex the food in the complex is really good and its all you can eat.we go in june with the 3 kids then me and hubby go in september without them we have done that for the past 4 years i would never try another resort as it has every thing we what. the buses to mahon are regular, and to fornells which are both good days out.

hope this helps a little

regards jane
Hi

My recommendation is to eat at the Sa Gavina (same end of the bay as yourselves next to the Irish Pub). We ended up going here most nights. The food was superb (with vegetables) and the staff very nice. The view of the bay is breathtaking. We went to the Chinese Restaurant across the road a couple of times and it was also very nice. They did chips for our son.

As to your accommodation, we walked through, (we were staying at the Sa Mirada - one to miss!), and wished that we had stayed there.

Have a good holiday

Kirren :wink:
we stoped at the sol isia appartments last year they were very dirty but the ones where your stopping is very good there was entertainment on every night but your better off going to a pup called covis novis they have trampolines bouncey castles allsorts you pay about 4 euros and they can stop in for as long you like.try the cocktails there great.the beach is fab the best ive ever been to. its in a cove but it does get hot . i bought a umbrella good for the kids .the restraunt next to the irish one the food is fab. if you hire a car dont get one from the reps they are alot more expensive you can hire one next door to the doctors on site

have a great holiday
clare
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.