Holiday Advice

Holiday Advice From HolidayTruths Admins
I'm a member of Quidco but only a newbie. I thought though you could raise a complaint & they'd investigate, is this what you've done Bill & it's come back without explanation? If so can you take it further?
Yes, I did raise this with Quidco. They replied that because Jet2 had not paid them, then they could not pay the cashback. Theres no further action I can take. In my view Jet2 cheated by promising cashback but not paying it. Lesson learnt I guess.
Jet2 do not get that much bad press but like anyone that grows very quickly they may not be able to handle the amount of interest they get.

Granted though Bill it is not very good from them.

Thanks for sharing

L
I have a call booked from quidco tomorrow as I have lots of bookings through hotels.com which have only got to the tracked stage. Some from almost 2 years ago.
I posted earlier about how I believe Jet2 cashback systems are currently failing.
Today Iooked at the QUIDCO website review section for Jet2 Holidays.
It seems I'm not alone.
If you click on the review section you will see SOME positive reviews
- but they tend to be for quite a long time ago.
HOWEVER - try selecting the negative reviews choosing the one star rating
- you see a different picture.
RECENT reviews in last few days and weeks, (including mine at the top) all reflect the fact that Jet2 Holidays seem now to be having some problems paying cashback.
One wonders why.....
I found out from my call that the summary I was looking at was not up to date and to look elsewhere where most were confirmed , which now means paid. Why on earth have a section where all the info is out of date? ?
I have though got £85 paid for 2 claims.
Hi

I've just had the same thing happen to me. Booked a holiday with Jet2 earlier this year and cashback tracked and recently received the payment. Booked another one a couple of weeks ago for October and it didn't track. I raised a claim and got a response saying Jet2 had declined it as the cashback had been paid to another referrer. I'd be very interested to know who that was as I don't use another cashback site.

Something very fishy going on I think. I've taken out the money I had in my quidco account and opened one with another site. I'll be thinking twice about booking with Jet2 again also which is a shame as I've no issue with them as far as the holidays as concerned. It's not even the £25 I'm that bothered about, I just don't like being conned.
I wonder if they are just giving cashback for first timers?
I assume you cleared all cookies before booking?
I think the thing went wrong at Jet2. When they dropped their cashback from 30 pounds to 25 I believe some wazok in their systems department accidently (or deliberately?) cleared their file of existing bookings which had tracked with Quidco. So early bookers who booked last year and got successfully tracked then now get declined. Possibly their computer is firing off standard decline messages and nobody at Jet2 or Quidco can be bothered to properly investigate.
I have to say that quidco has investigated every time i have asked. If jet2 is turning down cashback there is not anything quidco can do about it. But the problem should be reflected in their feedback on claims success.
It DOES show up in Quidco reviews of Jet2. Only old reviews tend to be complimentary. Recent dated ones are negative, complaining of non-payment. You can easily see this on the Quidco jet2holiday page - just select a low star rating and look at the dates - and comments.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.