Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Jog Falls
2 Posts
Hi Gizmo17
At Jog falls 24th. Nov. the view is amazing however the falls have been rediverted for hydro-electicity and the end result pretty poor :( , seems the best time is around August during the monsoon times. Drive time about 1.20 Hours from Hanover 60 Km's roads start off ok from here but deteriorate rapidly windy and steep. You may well see the odd monkey or snake crossing the road.
If you manage to get to Hanover consider traveling on further to Murdeshwar a further 27 Km on the NH17 to be seem on the rightthand side, under the gate cost 10 rupees entrance? to see the biggest Shiva in India and 17 story temple being built. There is also a man made cave under the Shiva as yet not open to the public if you stay at RNS hotel ask to speak to the General Manager and mention it :zip The hotel is Veg only but close by is there sister hotel providing Non veg and alcohol :D. It's worth a visit enjoy and good luck. If you would like more info mail me glynpam@hotmail.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.