Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Wouldn't it depend on where abouts in Rome you're staying.

If you're on the Coliseum/Termini side then I'd allow 3/4 hr. On the Vatican side then I'd be looking at a hour or more.

Depends on the time of day too.

There's a post somewhere for a highly recommended taxi service in Rome. I've had a search around but can't find it. Someone else might know where it is.
hmmm .thanks Harriers .maybe I had better change our pick up time to half hour earlier.We are staying in Trastevere .

lyn
There is a whole thread on taxis and private hire click here to see!
Hope this helps :lol:
Breakfast lunchtime and teatime traffic is horrendous in going to that Airport, I would say give yourself 90 minutes at least to travel during any of these periods.
Just to update this thread you are looking at around 45mins+ to caimpino airport and around the same to fuimucino. although on paper ciampino is nearer the road network to that airport is terrible and always full of traffic the big airport fuimucino is further away but has a good road network. During rush hour i would make sure i had a good hour to get to either airport ;)
Rome to airport took us about 40 minutes in private hire car, the driver did not hang around though.
It is about 30 miles.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.