Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hiya. I don't know Benalmadena that well but I have been to the Marina a few times (although never at night) and that is pretty amazing! I'm pretty sure you will find plenty of things that you will enjoy. There are PLENTY of bars and restaurants to chose from - far too many in fact, and a local train service that runs from Malaga to Fuengirola that takes you all along the coast stopping at various places of interest on the way. There are loads of lovely beaches - in fact all the trappings of a Spanish coastal resort. The weather could go either way I'm afraid but whatever happens, it is highly likely to be better than over here. I've been out in November and had good weather so you could be lucky. Take a brolly and a cardy as well as the suntan cream though - just in case..... :?
Hi,
We came back from Benalmadena last week.This was our first vist to Costa del Sol.Benal is very hilly,but there is lots to do.There are many,many bars and restaurants along the main drag as well as up the hills.Without doubt we had a great time.The bus service as well as the trains are brill and very cheap.Bus only 1 euro aprox per trip.The market on Fridays is up at the Tivoli car park,but it is not much cheaper than the local shops.If you want cheap fags take the bus to Fungerola (excuse spelling) they have the cheapest booze/fag shop on Los Boliches Ave,Estanco Moreno Eurotobacos.We found the Costa Del Sol cheaper than Benidorm !!! and our money went very far.Have a good time and remember to take it easy on the hills.

GDE
hi, we stayed in apartments on Bonanza square last October, weather was fantastic by the way, pubs and clubs were all open with a good number of people there, we were pleasently surprised as we were expecting it to be fairly dead at that time of year
Jenni you wont regret staying in Benalmadena. We have been 4 times and would go again tomorrow. We LOVE it. There are so, so many places to eat and they are all priced nearly the same. PLEASE go for a stroll around the marina to see how the other half live, fantastic. Dont worry about the weather. We went in Dec, over the xmas period and i came back with a tan. A few places to eat are, Angies place and the best english home made chips will be found at The Barley corn owned by Mark and Vanessa. Not very posh i must say but they make you so welcome and Mark does all the cooking. Plenty of nice bars for the night time and not too load for our age group ha ha. You enjoy yourself and anything else you need to know just e mail me. Bye Anna. xxxx
:pele Yes we love Benamadena as well lots of nice cheap places to eat. Chinease realy cheap and usualy include wine with your meal. We go at least once a year. Bananza square area very hilly, but yes well worth going to the marina. Get the bus up to Mehas (sorry about the spelling mind gone blank) its lovely up there still have the donkey taxis and fab views. Weather is usualy good Hope you have a great time. 8) 8)
The Silica is if I remember on the bottom half of one of the many streets that lead uphill to Arroyo.Its well placed for The Elefante where they have live acts,Bonanza Sq and its many bars and resturants,
Ave Telefonica for Jim and Alans Albatros, Brians Mr Pickwicks bar, both do quizes and cash bingo, but Brians calling is worth experiencing.
Also on this street known as cardiac hill is the Hotel Bali, which has, some might disagree, the best buffet food available in a hotel.If your self catering pay roughly 12 euros each for evening dinner and try it.
Angies resturant on the main road is one of my favourites.Dont let its appearance put you off.They do a loverly liver and onions.
Also on the main road, where the bus stops for Torremolinos and Fuengirola are you will find a few bars, Wolfies and Buzbys where they have acts and kareoke.
If your broad minded, and not easily shocked,book for Bunnys, located underneath If I remember the Iris or is it the Arco apartments.Just ask for Bunnys.
Hi Jennie

We are frequent visitors to Benal, love the place and have stayed at the Silica, we had an apartment on the 5th floor, overlooking the sq, and with sea view, it was very clean and had all we needed for our stay, but was a bit on the small side, some of the apts there however are not so good, there is a lovely little bar in the garden, and someone in there said their apt was really out of date, and not very clean!!.. lovley pool and gardens and you are in a very good spot for everything, the noise from scooters can be a bit of a pain late in the evening :( so have a few drinks to help you to sleep... I am sure you will love your stay and want to return... :D
Hi just got back from round the corner to there - bonanza square is busy good food decent prices - loads of bars etc - if your a pool fiend then try Skivers just a bit further up the road - more of a locals bar always quiet but Pete the owner welcomes a challenge from allcomers when it comes to pool!

If you like Chinese go to The Wok in Arroya - very new 9.95 each but amazing food (eat all you can and boy did we try!!) only a 5 min walk from where you'll be - you can get to anywhere from arroya and its a decent shopping place too! - if you fancy less of a walk - Gamonal Tapas is nice up the high stairs heading towards Arroya....or chinese next to hazy days in Bonanza square
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.