Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
It sounds like you had a lovely holiday!!

I'm going to Salou in July with my husband, my 15yr old daughter, his 15yr old daughter and our 6 yr old son. We're actually staying in the PortAventura Hotel as we figure it'll keep all the kids amused and apparently it stays open really late in high season ( The girls will be happy anyway).

I went to Salou 10 yrs ago, just me and my daughter then, and it was a very clean, safe resort. Is it still?

Juliet
Juliet,
How have you manages that? I tried to book for there but cos there is 5 of us (2 adults + 3 kids) it was gunna cost a small fortune just for a week!
I seem to remember being quoted about £2500 because of under ocupancy etc.... :cry:
Hi Maryj1

Well to be honest it wasn't cheap!

We booked in January, very little availability even then for when we wanted (school summer hols). We need 2 rooms as the girls are 15 and so too old to share with us, so they're charged as adults, our 6 yr old will share with them. We couldn't get flights from Gatwick so are flying from Stansted (which means an overnight stay there - more money. Although we're using Tesco clubcard vouchers for that and the airport parking).

We could only get 2 weeks by going either just before the start of the school holidays or by returning after terms starts again. As the girls are entering their GCSE yr in Sept we opted for going just before the end of term and they all miss 4 days of school, which of course they're gutted about!!!!

The total cost for 2 rooms, 5 people, half board was scary!! But as we only take my stepdaughter away every 2 yrs and so next time she'll be 17 and may not want to come with us, we figured it might be our last big family holiday so decided to bite the bullet and go for it!! It had better be worth it!!

Juliet
Juliet,
What a dilema... !!

Wonder if it's any cheaper to book as early as possible?

Still, bet you enjoy it. We go to Salou on monday, and our main reason for choosing Salou is Port Aventure. SO IT HAD BETTER BE GOOD!!

Enjoy your holiday... :wink:

Helen
Hi Helen

Where are you staying?
Hi Juliet,
H10 Med Village :D

H
Hope you have a lovely holiday, let us know all about it when you get back.

Juliet
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.