Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Yes .... that's pretty silly :yikes

Why don't the Goan Tourist Board just say Don't Bother Coming To Goa .... it's too much hassle.

LIke to see them digging themselves out of this little fiasco.
You would think they'd have something better to do - what a load of tosh :duh :D
In what is thought to be a tit for tat response to recent problems in Goa, the British Tourists Support Group (BTSA), which are the militant wing of HolidayTruths.com have decided to issued their own Fatwah where certain atrocities committed on the British Holiday going fraternity by Goans will recieve automatic punishment. These include
1. The fifth taxi driver in 100 yards to ask you if you want a taxi will be sentenced to drive over badly made speed bumps near the airport for ever.
2. Cows that drift across the road thinking they own the place.....beefburgers
3. That annoying lady who asks everyday if you want anything as you walk to the beach past her roadside shop...made to eat the bananas she has been trying to sell for a week.
Others at risk include
4. Clothes sellers who try to convince middle aged gentlemen that they would look good in a heavy metal T-shirt....
5. Waiters who dont understand what the cold part of 'I would like a cold beer please' means...
6. cafes and beach shacks that dont include on their menu the fact that ants and flies come free.
7. vehicles that enjoy indicating that they are about 100 yards behind you with a ships foghorn blast on their hooter.
8. Indians who make a song and dance about a small tear in a 100 rupee note that they actually gave you earlier in the day.
9. Hotel owners who think that the only thing that English people eat for breakfast is eggs.
10. Waiters who say 'Try some Indian wine, you will like it'
11. Hotel owners whose answer to security is to provide your room door with a huge unwieldy padlock that late at night, after a few beers, and with the bulb on the landing blown since 1985, means you sleep on a sunbed by the pool.
  • Edited by lester 2009-04-02 20:08:20
nice one lester!! LMAO.
has to be remembered though, there is a culture in goa, and of course the rest of india, that we the holidaymaker seem hell-bent on destroying.
you can't really blame people for trying to keep thier culture. having said that, the locals are not averse to ripping us off. probably the taxi drivers being the worst offenders. so where's the culture in that???
i think though, we should really try to abide by their cultural rules, you know, "when in rome" and all that stuff!!!
BOB.
i think though, we should really try to abide by their cultural rules

I totally agree. And then........ they rip us off regardless. This seems to be part of the new Goan tourist 'culture'. Even more so now than say 10 years ago. It won't stop although the amount of new tourists susceptible to all this will diminish. Sad but true.
Another great list, Lester! :rofl

I reckon you're like that bloke in "High Fidelity" who maintains and updates his lists of best albums, best goals, best films etc :rofl

With regard to the Hindu Taliban.....it seems that you can propose the most outrageous things so long as it's done in the guise of a religion. Religion trumps common sense, the law and decent values.

I think they're all completely bonkers and will continue to ignore the lot of them. :tup
In today's papers, the government have admitted that this bunch of lunatics are officially banned in North Goa but not in the South, because no-one has officially told the authorities in the South to do so........................
And if they do try to get in, from Karnataka where they are now, its adjacent to the South.
No Del, that's a different lot of religious lunatics!

And this lot have got the official backing of the Goon Government.
And even sillier..............

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/politics/russian-tourist-in-goa-forced-to-change-om-t-shirt_100175260.html

As the police state that several of these "activists" were drunk!
(so obviously not the "Ban the Pub" brigade)
I wish these 'activists' who objected to the Russian woman's T shirt would turn their attention to those elderly gentleman parading up and down the beach in thongs.

Now, that's what I call offensive!
so if you all think Lesters comments are so fuuny why do you all go back?????????????????????????
Because we accept the place for what it is and love it !!!!!!!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.