Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi There

I stayed in the phoenix beach hotel in tsilivi last year and it was nice as was the zante maris opposite and they are right on the beach
Hi Annie,

I've stayed at both and being going to Zakynthos for 15+ years and I have to say Kalamaki is my favourite resort.

I genuinly think because the Islands so small and so easy to get around I don't think it's worth doing a 2 centre holiday as the resorts are only 30 minutes apart by car. I'm not sure I could e bothered with the hassle of packing everything up after a week and relocating :D

As you've been to Tsilivi then why not try Kalamaki and hire a car so you could visit Tsilivi ? Plus all the other parts of the island too. We do this every time we go and still come across new beaches and little villages that we didn't see/stop at last time :lol:

As an alternative if your after a two centre break why not a week on Zakynthos then get the ferry form Zakynthos Town to Kefalonia it's only 45mins - hour away and it's beautiful. If you liked Zakynthos you would love Kefalonia too. That way you can experience 2 Greek Island in the same fortnight. We've done it 3 times over the years and it was great it also meant I could tick another Greek Island off my list to visit :wink:
Thanks for the replies - Miss Chief1, you've made a really good suggestion with Kefalonia. We'd love to visit there, so it's another option for us :wink: We really loved Zakynthos last year, and hope to return next summer. We certainly have lots to think about :lol:
Can someone recommend a nice hotel in Kalamaki, which would be on or very close to the beach?

Thanks 8)
Hi,

We've just returned from Golden Sun Hotel in Kalamaki. It's about 150m from the beach, and a short walk to the main restaurants and bars. It's a nice hotel, big pool, lovely grounds, but quite pricey for B&B - but we did go in July. We travelled with Kosmar, also other opearators go there too. The location suited us perfectly.

Cejay
AnnieK,

I'll send you a PM with some info and a map which should make life easier then you can pick from the hotels on one of the 2 beaches is Kalamaki
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.