Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I can wholeheartedly recommend Perissa, if there should be an offer on Smragdi Hotel then go for it. Failing this, be sure to go to their Greek Night, money well spent, also, call in there at lunchtime and have a Club Sandwich, excellent value for money. Buses run regularly to Thira, be sure to go to Oia during your stay.

Les
Kamari is also lovely, but evening entertainment is mostly hotel based or eating beautiful food on the sea front watching the stunning sunsets. Bus links to the rest of the Island are excellent.
There are plusses for both resorts. The beach in Perissa is better. There are more places to eat in Kamari. Both are nice and you will have a good time in both. I personally prefer Kamari, I think its a bit more upmarket, not that Perissa isn't nice, it is, I just think Kamari is nicer.
I agree with joeyc - the beach of Perissa is mainly sand, while the beach at Kamari is pebbly/stoney. But, a water taxi runs between the two beaches, every 30 mins.

There is a larger selection of restaurants (very good food) and bars in Kamari.

Perissa is a lovely resort, but Kamari has the edge, imo.
im off to kamari in 5 weeks never been before
Santorini is an Island of beautiful scenery & stunning sunsets. Try & see as much of it as you can.
thanks everybody for your help, i have just booked a week in cyprus instead as i couldnt get time off work to co-incide with the flights, hopefully go to santorini in september instead, cheers dag. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.