General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
:yikes No way Juby but I do enjoy watching others as its usually guaranteed to bring a good evenings entertainment

lyn
i like to watch, but no way would i get up and sing........ :rofl
I'm afraid I avoid karaoke bars like the plague. I had a bad experience once years back where I picked the wrong resort(pre HT of course ;) ) and every bar seemed to do karaoke. Even the restaurants were invaded by the wails of would be singers. I was just about at screaming point by the end of the week :rofl
Don't mind going to a Karaoke bar now and again, but would have to have had a good few to sing myself, and then only in a group. My dad, daughter and sister love it, and would sing every night if they had their way - but they all have good voices.
I hate it and also avoid it like the plague.
It's just a cheap form of entertainment, or rather you entertaining yourself.
Oooh Fiona and Sanji
I am sooooo with you two on this one. :tup

Karaoke must be the absolute worst thing ever devised.
Like you both, any bar that offers this style of 'entertainment' is definitely off our list.
I have partaken once or twice in the past but no more, no way. I avoid resorts which have it.
I understand why so many love it- its just not for me. It might help if I could actually sing I suppose :rofl
To be honest, Fiona, it might help if most people who get up at Karaoke could sing. :rofl
yes- I think you are right. Mind you the most interesting ones are the ones who are REALLY bad. Was it Les Dawson who sang completely out of tune in one of his sketches and it was so funny it was a classic?
Wasn't it Les Dawson who played the piano really badly?

And of course, you're right about the really bad ones.
I guess that's why The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent are such big hits, especially during the audition stages.
Who can forget the girl singing (I use the term loosely) YMCA? :omg
As my voice comes with a Goverment Health warning there is NO way I would get up and sing.......
My hubby loves kareoke though - never seems to be any bars with it on in the resorts we go to in Turkey...
I was in Benidorm last year and every night when the hotel entertainment had finished, they had a session of kareoke.
Every night this elderly woman got up to sing Nancy Sinatra's "These boots were made for walking"
She didn't actually sing it as such, she half sang, half talked the words.

If there was a lull and nobody was getting up to sing, she got up again and sang the same song.
After a week of this, I'd have gladly bought her a pair of boots, if it meant she would walk away...it was enough to drive me either to drink or bed.....
I chose the latter.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiii
The Hotel Don Jaime in Cala Millor has a Kraut Karoke Night - not it's official title but as it only appears to be German guests that get up to the mike that's what we've nicknamed it.

I don't think I have EVER heard anything so bad as a German singing Karaoke - the favourite at the Don Jaime was "The Lemon Tree" - I think I'm still traumatised by the experience!

No, I'd NEVER get up and sing- unles I was absolute stark staring plastered!
I like a bit of karaoke myself :rofl Only if I've had a good few though and if I've sussed out the competition - how bad is that :duh
As I'm only average, there's no way I'd get up after someone who can belt them out. It is funny listening to some who haven't got a clue but think they're bril. It gets a bit much though when the same people keep going up time after time. I wouldn't sing karaoke locally, I only ever do it on hols and then only on 1 night or so.
I don't mind a bit of kareoke - but steer away from the obivious song choice.

My 10 yr old son can be swayed in getting up and doing a rendition of Mika or the cure and I think its good for the confidence.

Doesnt matter if you cant sing - we're having a group jolly this year and as far as I am concerned everyone in our group has to have assigned themselves a karoeke song before they go!!
I once took part in a karaoke when I was working at a local hospital and got snowed in at the end of my shift. A few of us tottered through thigh deep snow to a very nearby pub, got a bit tipsy and entered the karaoke. Weirdly, we won.

The one-and-only time though, and there's nothing more remote from my idea of holiday entertainment than karaoke bars. I'm sure they have their place, but it's nowhere near me!
Doesnt matter if you cant sing - we're having a group jolly this year and as far as I am concerned everyone in our group has to have assigned themselves a karoeke song before they go!!

Sounds like a fun holiday plan. Go for it!! ;)
Definately NOT. I think I could clear a bar with my voice. I dont do singing.

BH hates karaoke with a passion and will avoid tv shows like X Factor etc because to him, its just trumped up karaoke. We have been known to walk in and straight out of bars that host karaoke. I dont mind it, and would probably stay for a bit listening but dont get the opportunity very often.

I think its each to their own and if you are willing to do it and enjoy it, who am I to say otherwise.

Sarah :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.