Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Kassiopi?
11 Posts
Hi,
My husband and I loved Kassiopi when we stayed there 3 years ago. Take a look at the resort reviews on this site. There isn't a sandy beach as such, just a pebbly cove, but it has the advantage of a picturesque harbour where you can take boat trips to much larger sandy beaches and into Corfu Town, which is a must.

We stayed in lovely SC apartments (Dimas studios and Apts) which were right next to the harbour, with magnificent views. There was a really big pool with views over the harbour. The pool bar served beautiful home cooked snacks and lunches. The only downfall to the apartments is that they're on a very short but steep incline, so if anyone has any mobility issues they won't be suitable.
Hope this helps.
Hi Kedi

Can i recommend you have a look at Acharavi...just up the road from Kassiopi.....we have been there for the last 4 years and its a lovely place for kids.
If you want any more info give me a shout :tup
There's a coincidence Bobbiesgirl, we've been to Acharavi too. It was our first of many visits to the Greek islands which made us fall in love with the place. We had our 2 young children with us and had a fab time. Mind, I can't comment on it now, as it was all of 20 years ago :yikes
We have been to Kassiopi a couple of times during the day and passed through it on a night. To be honest i think Acharavi is better suited to young kids. The beach in Acharavi isnt brill but its better than Kassiopi. I have booked a 2 bedroomed apt in the Eriva Apts with Thomas Cook in the school holidays and got a great price :tup
Thanks, I will take a look at Acharavi.
Hi

I can definately recommend the Solaris Apartments in Kassiopi. We are a family of four and had a wonderful holiday in Kassiopi. The apartments are in an excellent location just off the square with a short cut behind the apartment down to the harbour (a couple of minutes). Kassiopi is a lovely resort with a small square, a harbour and pebbly beaches. If you are interested in boat trips it's an excellent starting point.
The Solaris apartments are excellent, we booked independently. They are exceptionally well maintained, have two lovely swimming pools, and a very welcoming family atmosphere. I highly recommend.
I was also going to recommend the Solaris apts but forgot :duh We walked passed them often and spoke to people who were staying there. They spoke highly of the place and it certainly looked busy with lots to do for the kids.
Solaris is very popular with families, they have 2 pools and a pool bar, always lively and very central
I would highly recommend Corfu and particularly Kassiopi. As Graham said I mentioned the Solaris in a previous post but we didn't stay there. We've never stayed in Corfu in September but had lovely weather in Zante one September. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the weather in Corfu at that time of year.

Oops posted in wrong thread. I've pasted in the right place now. Sorry!
Kassiopi?
It was the first place we ever visited in the Greek isles, it is a majical place, it has a lovelely harbour, town square, many tavenas , it is the only place that we have visited that does a set menu, ie starter, main and a pudding for a set price, we have visted Corfu many times, staying in St.George South as we old foggies, well nearly, but always hire a car and go up to Kassiopi just to wander about and rememember our first great Greek holiday. I can still remember the journey up the eastern coast to our apartments, we had to stop to let a donkey cross the road! you would think that the locals had arranged it, so typical Geek. Go and Enjoy

Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.