Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
have you looked at the members resort reports??

In can only speak in general, kefalonia is a small island and is not known as a party area, if you are looking for somthing like a Laganas, falaraki, agia nappa 18-30 scene then i dont think you will find it here

yasus

wizard
Lassi has not got the best night life on the island but the big advantage is that it is very close to the capital Argostoli where all the big clubs of the island are located...If you are not looking for anything like Laganas or Faliraki I would say that Lassi is a good resort eitherwise you may consider Scala (have in mind however that almost all the Brits go there).
If you're in your 20s and looking for good night life then don't go to Kefalonia, it's geared up towards couple looking for peace and quiet.

A night out in Lassi would typically invole going for a nice meal then a quiet drink at one of the few bars. When I was there 2 years ago there was one bar which had a DJ on but it was hardly party central.

Even if you're not looking for an 18/30 type resort, if you want any kind of young and single peoples night life you'd be better going to any numberr of Greek islands rather than Kefalonia.
rigler64, which other resorts in Greece would you (and anybody else who knows) recommend which isn't as mad as like a 18-30 type night out, but at least has lasses out in their 20s?
My recomendation for that type of holiday would be Stalis, Crete.
It has fairly lively nightlife without being over the top and if you fancy the odd really wild night it's just a short taxi ride from Malia which is one of the liveliest resorts in Greece.
Thanks for the reply.

Does it have nice scenery and places to visit?

Basically, I want the great night life with things such as cruises and things to see during the day... my mate also wants things to see during the day but not a hectic nightlife which is as mad as the likes of Faliraki, Magaluf etc. Basically an inbetween of Magaluf madness and quiet (if that makes sense).
I wouldn't say there's a tremendous amount to do actually in Stalis other than chill on the beach or by the pool.

As with most of the Greek islands there are plenty of excursions or places to go in a hire car. (Can't give much advise on these as I'm a chill on the beach kind of holiday maker)

It sounds like the night life there is what you're looking for. I've been twice, once with friends when I was in my late 20s and more recently with the wife and kids. Both times I really enjoyed it. There are a variety of bars ranging from quiet tavernas to more lively music bars, but it stops short of 18-30 type rowdiness.
Ok thanks for that I'll make a note of Stalis and I'll check out Scala too.

Which other Greek Islands is an inbetween the likes of Magaluf, Faliraki and somewhere which is more chilled? Any other suggestions?

Laganas & Malia, are off the list, as my mate says he doesn't want to go there, and I'd think those 2 places would be too busy for him.
I think you would like Tsillvi in Zante as it a good nightlife without being to rowdy. There are plenty of music bars and attracts people of all ages so its not just the 18 to 30's. It has a lovely sandy beach and water sports are available. I have been to Lassi and I thought it was pretty but not a lot to do in the resort and we were in our 40's so usually don't mind the quiet but it was too quiet for us though we did go in May so later in the year may be different. Another place I would recommend is Kos the town is great with plenty of boat trips to other islands etc it has a great harbour with lots to see. We stayed in the resort of Tingaki which had a good range of bars and a couple of disco bars along with some nice restaurants. The beach is sandy and water sports are available.
Ive been to Tsilivi and thought the beach was rubbish, Lassi beach is in a different league altogether.
definately agree with iallen regarding the beach of tsilivi...
Its is only my honest opinion od Tsilivi beach, it may be ok for some people, but when we went it was stony, had broken glass and rubbish on it. Lassi beach is all sand lovely water. I have been spoilt with going to Cyprus and Fig Tree Bay, know that is what i call a nice beach.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.