Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
kl to penang
14 Posts
You can get a train to Butterworth then you would have to get a bus or taxi across the bridge.
A taxi driver in KL suggested the coach to us- don't know where it goes from and arrives in Penang.
:D thanks for the info judith and moppit :D :D
dos anyone have any info on the trains to penang? how long it takes and where tyo get the train from? how much?? :?:
also apart from the ferry and flying is there any other way to get to langkawi from penang?? i dont like the look of the ferry!!! to langkawi :shock: :shock: thaks maggieomx :D
The direct flight from penang to Langkawi no longer exists- you would have to go to KL then on to the either. The ferry is okay as long as the weather is on your side- over the last fortnight it had to turn back because of the wind. Can't think of any other way- perhaps a private helicopter.
:D thanks moppitt but no thanks thats worst than the ferry!!!!! :yikes i dont fancy not being able to go outside on the ferry :shock: and haveing to saty inside all the way, would you have any idea what the wather would be like in december? do you think the ferry would get through then??? would the sea be a bit calmer?? thanks maggieomx
hi, try taking the luxury coaches. they are usually more comfortable than trains and they are really cheap.
:D thanks for the info on getting from kl to penang
judith how long does the train take to penang do you know? as i will be going from melaka to kl then on to penang as the train dosent go from melaka,
scchin how often do the coaches go from kl can i get one straight from melaka to penang? thanks maggieomx
Hi
You might like to post your questions on 'Penang talk'
http://penangtalk.com/penangtalk/
Hope this helps.
Cheers Geri
Maggie

I believe it takes about 9hrs by train to Butterworth then you would need to get the ferry.
The flights from KL to Penang are not at all expensive, though KL Airport is quite a long way out of town.
  • Edited by Judith 2006-10-06 15:06:25
we flew,from KL to penang,with air asia.it cost us next to nothing.
definately worth looking at,unless you want to see the scenery,by travelling by coach.
youl'l enjoy penang
tracy
hi
there are usually frequent coaches from KL to penang. A few trips a day. If i recall correctly, it only takes around 5 hours on the highway. Not very interesting journey (as I come from Malaysia anyway), but comfortable enough. The seats are huge...get the luxury coaches, not the normal ones. Might cost around RM35, around £6-7 each way. tkaes you all the way to Penang island.
Air asia is cheap http://www.airasia.com.my
but the airport is rather far. There is a coach you can get from central KL to the air asia terminal, cost around RM9 and takes around 45 minutes.

hope this helps.
ps: not taken trains for a while. i remember it taking ages quite some time back! I thought i could have cycled faster!
:D hiya im going to penang from melaka can i get the luxury coach from there to penang? thanks maggieomx :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image