Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Thinking of going to this hotel has anyone stayed here.
Many thanks Mel
I've added this hotel to our review site. If anyone has stayed here please add your review by Clicking Here

Many thanks :wave
In the meantime there are pictures of this hotel HERE
I have stayed in Kokkari a number of times whilst passing through the island - Kokkari is a fair size of resort these days having turned from hippy haunt to mainstream package tourism over the decades, losing it's charm somewhat with identical cafes along the seafront, replacing the trees that were there, and an ugly breakwater attached to the once picturesque rock, but it is still reasonably attractive. It is still the best place to stay on the north coast, if you want a busy place.

The beaches in the vicinity are mainly white pebbly affairs, a bit exposed to the meltemi wind. Unfortunately these days the legendary Limonaki and Tsamadou beaches west of Kokkari are now solid with sunbeds.

Rooms are significantly cheaper in Kokkari than Pythagorio.
I was in Samos this summer. We stayed about 15 mins from Kokkari on the north coast at a bay called Ag. Nikolaos. We spent just about every evening in Kokkari. Wish we had stayed there actually, or just on the outskirts, a little closer than we did. Where we stayed was lovely but a rather remote.
Kokkari is a delightful resort - not really for the beach, although it does have one - but there is a better one called Tsambou just along the road from there. But it is brilliant at night with lots of tavernas and bars along the harbour front. It is not a place full of discos and by midnight is very quiet ..... but if you want nice food, some pretty shops and a few bars it is ideal and a peaceful, relaxing holiday - it is lovely. I preferred it to Pythagorion which would be my second choice of where to stay. Samos Town is fine but very very busy with a road running along the front which is like a motorway ! If you want to see photos of Kokkari, look at http://www.clearspray.co.uk - reviews and photos on my website.

Enjoy - Samos is delightful.
hi not stayed in the hotel but stayed at the same resort 2 years ago and stayed at the Venus hotel which was on a hill.
It is a lovely place , you will love it.

we even went over to Turkey to see effasus as it was nearer there then when we were acutally in Turkey a few y ears ago so was worth going to.

Enjoy !
We stayed in Kokkari and had a great time. Very quiet, at the end of the season though. We were there over Ochi Day which was interesting especially in the villages and Samos Town. Nice walks and pretty village with views at the top from what I remember. Beach a bit pebbly but still nice with clear water. You can book trips to Patmos which we did, but because of the bad winds it was cancelled unfortunately but they did refund our money. We enjoyed Samos very much and it didnt take long to drive around the island with some very secluded little coves and beaches. Nice drives into the hills too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.