Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Kusadasi August
6 Posts
Do ephasus yourselves via Dolmus or Taxi. There is also the Virgin Mary's house, but having been there once, i would never go back.
We did the Pumekale trip and stopped en route in Aphrodisias, which has a fantastic stadium. There may be a local trip there on its own.
One of the original seven wonders of the world, although all that's left is a thin pillar, is in a car park outside Selcuk, which also has a castle and few other places to visit.
We used http://www.sammystravel.com to figure out what we wanted to do while we were there.
If you are into water parks, there are 2 great ones that I can vouch for, Aquafantasy and Adaland, but again either Dolmus or free bus. some of our party went on the jeep trip to see "real Turkish villages"!, but they thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thanks for that, I have bookmarked the site you suggested.
It's going to be so hot in August, I would definately do a private trip to Ephesus and plan on going early, you really want to avoid the crowds to get the real atmosphere of the place.

In the heat of the summer a visit to the Millipark National Park (by Guzelcamli, south of Kusadasi) would be lovely with the pine forests and the quiet beaches and you could find the Cave of Zeus and swim in it. I definately plan on doing that to cool down this summer. I like the legend - naughty god takes nubile girlfriends to secret cave for swimming and snuggling away from watchful eyes of jealous wife goddess!

A lot of the locals head just inland during the summer to the cooler villages like Kirazli to enjoy long afternoons of exloring the forests, getting in touch with nature and slowly consuming enourmous meals. Kirazli has some fantastic restaurants for real traditional home cooked Turkish food. I believe Kirazli Sofransi was voted number 3 in the Turkish Top Ten of rustic restaurants. The dolmus' run there until midnight so a leisurely evening meal under the stars is an option before heading back to Kusadasi for some bright lights.

You can get a dolmus to the Millipark and the Cave of Zeus as well, I think it's about 20km from central Kusadasi, but you might try renting a car for a day or so to really find the undiscovered gems of the area and be really independent.

K
:D Hello we go to Kussadasi in Sept 20th will the weather still be nice then?

We staying at Tuscan Beach

Are there any markets worth going to?

My daughter loves to shop and barter so do i :D
There is a big market in Kusadasi on Friday. Easy to find and plenty of stuff to buy.

They are doing a lot of remodelling to the town now ready for the new season and this will include a new shopping centre for extra buying opportunities! Hurray!

K
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.