Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Stayed at La Pineda a few years back and found it OK

I would say the main difference between Cambrils and La Pineda is that La Pineda feels more like a separate resort to Salou, whereas Cambrils and Salou seem to blend one into the other (Hope that makes sense :? )

I have never felt unsafe at anytime in the resort - as you say - if you are careful and aware of what is going on around you and take sensible precautions there shouldn't be a problem. As far as I am aware it is no more of a crime "hot spot" than any other holiday resort.

As far as the weather is concerned, I have always been later in the year (end Sept/early Oct) and found it somewhat changeable - It can be very mixed varying from warm sunshine to a day of rain!

Hope this helps
It depends what you want, La Pineda is very quiet with not a great deal of shops/bars/restaurants, entertainment is mostly hotel based, beach is lovely.
Cambrils is a bit more livlier with plenty of shops/bars/restaurants but no where near as loud and busy as Salou. Its a fishing village and is very nice, lots of old buildings as well as new ones, the beach here is nice too and does not get that packed.
As for the weather, i have never been at that time of year, i go in may and its fine then temps are usually between 27 and 30 degrees, sometimes you might get a thunder storm or showers on a night.

Loulou
:P At the ages of 53 & 61 we enjoyed La Pineda, we have just come back and we stayed at Estival Park Hotel for a couple of days for my birthday, we had no complaints with this hotel or resort. We knew were out of season, but could tell we would go back again but this time a bit later on, say about May/June time before it gets full of kids enjoying the water park.
Thanks for replies, very helpful

rosie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.