Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Largo are set up just a way from Suite Princess. They have good views
(as they all do in Taurito) but they are some way from the beach front. I have never stayed in them personally so i am unable to comment but they look ok from the outside!!

Taurito princess and suite princess are both very nice and yes i suppose they are quite expensive.. but you get what you pay for...

Taurito itself is quiet, it is a purpose built resort and there is not much there other than the hotels, a few shops, the lido in the middle ( which costs 5 euro's to get into) and there are a couple of restaurants/cafe's. There is a diving school there and somewhere where you can hire them jet bikes from.

At the bottom there is a regular bus service so you can get into Puerto Rico or Mogan. Mogan is approx 4km away and PR is appro 9km away.
You can also get to maspalomas on the bus. Taxi's are also available near the bus stop.

Transfer time is apporx 45mins from airport...
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
I've tried to find some reviews on the Lago Taurito hotel in Playa taurito but cant find any so can anyone please tell me what its like for entertainment and value for money? I've just got up a good price for all inclusive but cant find anything about this place so any help would be great.
Thanks
Helen
If anyone has stayed at this hotel would you please assist your fellow holidaymakers by writing your review HERE

Many Thanks :wave
Just returned from a week at Lago Taurito on Sunday.It's situated on the coast in a huge ravine between Puerto Rico and Mogan and is a real gem.Quiet day and night as the hotels here are all inclusive so there's no need for bars or restaurants
The Lago is spotlessly clean and tidy and the staff are friendly and courteous.The food is fine with lots of variety especially the grill and although sometimes cold,we had to use the microwave,no problem.
The sun deck has a massive pool,jaccuzi and always plenty of sunbeds.There's also the Lago Oasis situated at the front of the hotel which has to be seen to be believed and has free admission to hotel guests.Its like a water park with slides and has sun lounges,surrounded by palm trees and water features.There's also a fitness centre,grass tennis court and the best mini golf course in the world.
There's a bus service to Rico and Mogan every 20 mins for 2.10 euro.
The hotel entertainment was nothing special although kids were well looked after with mini disco everynight.All in all we had a very relaxing week,superb weather and will definately go back next winter
Email my if you want to see some pics
hi, thanks for replying, when you say the entertainment was nothing special, what was there exactly? were there shows of an evening? audience participation or anything like that? are there sports and activities during the day?
i would love to see some pics if you dont mind :lol:

luv Helen xx
The evening entertainment started with kids disco at approx 8.45 till 9.30 .Then there were a variety of acts such as acrobatic display,flamenco dancers,parrot shows and bingo.
During the day there were participation events such as football,boules,darts,shooting,archery,water polo so there was usually something to do.
All the activities were organised by the animations team who were and very enthusiastic and the kids loved them.
Everyone we spoke to said they'd go back to Lago.Incidently,we could'nt keep the room on for our last day due to the hotel being fully booked for the following week.
thanks for your reply again and them pics you sent were great :sun
Helen xx
HI THERE

JUST BOOKED THIS WEEK GO TO HERE, WE ARE GOIN ON MONDAY . GOT A GD DEAL SO I AM HOPING THIS IS A GOOD PLACE. NE 1 BEEN HERE IF SO WHAT DID YOU THINK????????

THX

PS WE ARE 24 YEARS OLD IS THIS A PLACE FOR US?
Welcome to the forums Chantelle :wave however please don't post with your caps lock on - Thanks.

Click Here to read our reviews of your hotel (someone came back in April this year)
Hi, Lago taurito is in a quiet location with 2 other hotels and a third one being built. The other 2 are Taurito Princess and Suite Princess. Right in the middle of the whole resort is a really pretty Lido with all sorts of pools and other things like Crazy Golf etc. This is free to all patrons of Lago Taurito. There are a few shops and the beach is well maintained.

I would guess it depends how lively you like your night life...at Taurito, most of the entertainment is hotel based and you are allowed to use the facilities in each of the hotels. If you prefer things a little more "banging" then your best bet is to go to Puerto Rico for the night which is far more lively. Is is 9km away and there is a regular bus service and also taxi's are cheap. During the day, I would also recommend a trip to Mogan ( my favourite place on the whole of GC). . If i knew how to do the link, I would say check out resort reports and hotel reports elsewhere on the HT site. I am sure you will have a great time...IMHO..it is a great place to stay.
told food great, beer great, clean, good service.....but would a 50yr old couple, on own,... be bored at night...or even out of place.....mostly young families there in feb was told....we would like to go july....also what about suitable for 14 yr old boy who we would like to take as well
hI.....has any one stayed in the AI family rooms at the Lago Taurito ....which are marketed as the 2-4 people rooms by thomas cook....I cant get any info about where in hotel they are.....can only tell me they are a bedroom , livingroom, and bathroom, .....bedroom has 2 beds in .....living room has 1 bed in plus sofa bed.

Last year we stayed in twin rooms marked as 2-3 people rooms....was in main hotel building...all balconies looked out onto pool and water park....good sea views too...suited us really well....the 2-4 people rooms last year were more expensive.

This year on line only the Fam rooms 2-4 people are on offer....contacted shop who can get us double rooms....but they are the more expensive rooms this year.

So I am really thinking about booking 2 family room instead of 3 twin rooms..as 6 of us going...

The problem is no one can tell me where about in hotel these rooms are.....and am worried they might be in seperate building behind the main hotel.....as noticed on photos and when there last year what looks like an apartment block a bit above and behind the main building......wouldnt like to be there .

So any one got any info for me.....dont mind if they on the high floors ...just not in a seperate building
HI ALL :D ...any one been AI in the hotel lago taurito ( in playa taurito) this year yet ....there are no recent reports in the hotel reviews yet....was wondering if anything different and if it is still as good as it was last year...Im off there in 3 weeks...and will post my review....but surely someone has been recently...so spill the beans....tweetie
hi all ...as promised my review for this year has been posted....tweetie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.