Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Try Bardolino..here the lake is at its widest it looks like the Med at this point.There are several hotels here in the upper 4*class.We stayed at the Hotel Du Lac on half board very nice Hotel with all amenities.Bardolino is one of the best places to stay with many bars restaurants etc and conviently located for all trips i.e venice,verona mountains etc.You can dash about the lake on many of the ferries and dont miss the weekly market(wednesday i think)its about a mile long with leather goods,pottery clothes etcnot sure of prices now the euro is expensive.
I have the Crystal lakes brochure and the only AI hotel on Lake Garda is the 4* Leonardo da Vinci in Limone.
Have a look on their website for details.
We (me wife and son then aged 8) in 2002 at the Leonardo da Vinci, Limone. It is marvellous, how about caviar and a Bloody Mary from the huge selection at breakfast.

However, taxis, clubs, you're in the wrong shop. There are bars and restaurants but Lake Garda is very different to the Costa del Sol, rare to find sky sports bars or full English breakfast and dancing all night clubs and taxis they don't really do a lot because of the shape of the place.

The tendency is to mix luxury and opulence with seclusion, the Italian way and is perhaps not what your friends are after. They might be better trying Turkey or Crete, which have the opulence but you can also find places to do all night as well, particularly in Crete.

Just my opinion.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.