Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
I'd also be interested to hear as I've booked with keycamp on Clarys plage also.I like St. Jean de Monts, it's a good resort with a fabulous beach, but have no idea what le Clarys Plage is like.
Sins
Haven't been recently but used to take the children there excellent site cannot be faulted we used our own van though went back 3 years running in walking distance of beach, alleyway through to supermarche and fishmongers ,patisserie etc.etc. marche 2 days sat and one other small fairground near marche post office cash machine restaurants you can also buy roast chickens and take your own dish for frites next to the pools one outdoor with slides etc one indoors entertainment in the bar and the toilet block was always pristine there were also phone booths to use a telecarte enjoy :wink:
We stayed there about 6 years ago and it's the best site we've stayed on in France. The kid's loved it there and with the supermarche, patisserie etc virtually on site it's so convienient.

I don't think you'll be disappointed :D
have been yet if so what was it like think about next year end may / june
Hi all,
Just back from two weeks at Clarys plage booked with keycamp.
Negatives:
(1)The accommoadation (supernova 29 ) had seen better days,faded and torn upholstery and faded curtains.Dusty beds and a strange smell in shower/bathroom.A high proportion of keycamp mobiles were supernova 29s and seemed to be ageing somewhat.
(2) Takeaway had a limited choice of food.
(3) St Jean de Monts and the surrounding area is very very quiet and seems to come to life on the 1 st July. I would not go back before that date again.
(4) Ants! I've bever seen so many ants in my life outside the mobile homes.reps recommended feeding them sugar and beer to try and keep them out, but to no avail.
Positives:
(1) Good couriers,great funstation couriers, in fact the best on any site I've stayed on in 5 years.
(2) spotlessly clean pool area, non slip for children with an assortment of waterslides.A bit on the small side but not a major complaint.
(3) Five minutes walk from a very decent beach.
(4) Marche U supermarket next to site and plenty of small shops within strolling distance.
(5)Tennis court on site.
(6) ten minutes walk from brilliant fairground which opens on 1 st july.
(7) Very convenient base for any Vendee holiday.
(8) Mature site with decent size pitches with lots of shade.
(9) fabulous bar area, modern and spacious.
Would I go back? absolutely!!! Fabulous location and yes, I would use keycamp again but would get a villanova or at least insist on refurbished accommodation.
Interestingly enough Thomson Alfresco have some fabulous accommodation for their UK customers, brand new with decking and with good locations on the site.Have no idea if their kids clubs are good or not.
Sins
We always enjoyed it there but hubby being a teacher it was always August for us, but we took our own van, I like my own things, did use the showers and loos on the site always very clean! only once did we not get straight on as they wouldn't accept bookings stayed on the site next door for 2 nights nearly as expensive and just didn't compare not even a decent pool and on Clarys plage each pitch has its own tap we didn't bother filling tanks just went to the tap, was there any entertainment on or was it too early for that too ? Glad you enjoyed it and may go back, we sometimes bought cooked chicken and frites from the bar but I have a rule when in the caravan that is we eat out once per day !
The food for takeaway was frites, hot dogs and pizzas(which were quite good).No chicken!
The entertainment was hard to comment on,as it was in the middle of the world cup, so the bar was full during every match evening and there was only one karaoke night, two discos which were ok and they had a rock band lined up for the evening of our departure.
The pitches for independent caravanners looked very spacious with plenty of grass left on them.I was very satisfied with the campsite itself and thought it looked lovely and was very well maintained.The washblocks were meticulously cleaned (bring your own loo roll though).
I didn't have any problem finding access to washing machines.€4 for a wash and 85 cent for detergent.
The neighbouring sites were Acapulco and Les Genets but Le Clarys was genuinely within walking distance of the beach, very useful for small kids.
Also the campsite size was perfect, large enough to be enjoyable but still quiet and relaxing.
Next year I may go back in August though.
Sins
Do they still allow BBQ's on site, we literally BBQ'd every day it was just so laid back and relaxing :D
Yes, there were plenty of people BBQing. Weather was perfect for it in fact,ranging from 26-36 degrees with hardly a cloud in the sky.
*sighs*
It is a great way to holiday if you get the weather and I really did love that site it was perfect :D
Well Hello there Michelle! Fancy seeing your name here! I was curious as to what was written about the Clarys Plage seeing as we had such a fab holiday there with you and yours,most definately one of the best holidays we had, have to agree...seem to remember being quite upset at going home! bbqs...bbqs...bbqs and i'm STILL waiting for my go on the karaoke!

Donna
Yup brilliant holiday :lol: :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.