Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
There has been talk for the last few years of extending the season, I would think it is only a matter of time, before the charter airlines start doing flights earlier in the year.
Goa is the top destination for Indian Honeymooners in Monsoon time. The only problem with the season going beyond April for us Brits would be the humidity and the amount of powercuts.
GFF
I can't remember where I read it, but they were thinking making the season from beginning of Oct to the end of May because there is little or no rain. I agree with you GFF, I find the humidity in april too much, but it seems a lot more people are going in Oct now, but have to go by schedule flight as there are no charters flying out yet.
I agree after April it's too unpleasant as regards humidity and as this year shows the monsoon can run right through Sept. October however is usually fine, I usually try for a couple of weeks then to keep us going until our main visit in Jan. You can use charters either for a package or flight only but you are restricted to Jewel In Thr Crown and Monarch or some of the smaller companies like Goaway or Travelpack I think Gateway also starts mid October but they also use Monarch since Exel were refused a licence so it,s Monarch or nothing until all the rest start in November I'm afraid
I believe that there is a six and half month contract with the Navy who own the airport. If the new proposal for Mopa airport is fully realised in the far North of Goa then you may have all year round flights.
Hurry up I say :D
A few reasons why the season here is how it is. Have you any idea how hot it is in May? Charter airlines start their summer schedules in May. The locals need a break.
Hi hapi, yes april is too hot I would think may would be unbearable, especially if you have to work in the heat, but what about sept/oct,
Have you any idea how :swear cold it is here in oct :rofl :rofl
For the latest on the dabolim airport position see the Poll On Dabolim Post
gramps wrote:
I think Gateway also starts mid October

Hiya,

I know this is a fairly old post gramps, but do you have a link for Gateway?

Im looking for an October deal for 2007.

Any advice or suggetions from other members welcomed.

MrsMac
I,m in Oz at present but if memory serves me Gateways programmes to Goa dont start until the same date as the rest of the major tour companies in early Nov. This season they are using Monarch for their flights and I would expect the same next season Alan
Hi Gramps, hope you dont mind me asking but did you fly to Australia from Goa?

Sue
afraid not Sue but if you want to, you have to go via Mumbai and usually through one of the Far East hubs such as K.L. on Bankok Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.