Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
We have been for the last 4 years its lovely. we stay at the Olive Press, go to Google Molyvos, lesvos Greece and theres loads of info.
Thanks Susanf,
we liked the look of the Olive Press but read a report somewhere saying the rooms at the back suffer serious noise problems from motor bikes. Hotel has asked the Mayor to do something about it.
Can't say we've ever heard much noise, they said a late bar might be noisey but never heard any noise from that either, theres the odd pidgeon coo cooing. We go first week in September maybe that makes a difference but we have always been in the back rooms, sea views seem to go to foreign holiday companys. It has a very good breakfast, you can't get it in a cafe any where near as good or as reasonable. I think breakfasts in Molyvos are far more expensive than any other meal there. We love Molyvos and the hot springs at Eftalou so nothing much puts us off.
Dear Rdv,
Just found this site, sorry advice might be to late. However, we stayed at
Molyvos last year. We went with MANOS and stayed at the Pine Tree Apartments, which are located up by the castle, and are self catering. The views are not too bad, but the Garden is to die for. DO NOT GO to the Olive Press, as there is some kind of Car welding shop adjacent to it. It is on the Sea front though and can get quite busy, as the restaurant is popular in the evenings. The beach is non existant at Molyvos, but it is very cheap to get a Taxi to either Petra or Anaxos ( 5 and 10 minutes respectively ). Hire a car and look around this lovely Island...best beach is Vatari, deep in the south of the Island.
Hi Rhombus,
thanks for the info. We've booked an apartment at Eftalou just outside Molyvos, first time to Lesbos.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.