Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We stayed at the Delphin palace in September and sneaked in the Limak Lara for a look around, it looked lovely, has a bar/ buffet restaurant right by the beach, several pools, playground and kids and adults dragon themed waterslides, look foreward to your review, we are thinking of going next year.
Going first week in June so can't help.

Lookin g forward to a detailed report of your trip
Had a tour round last year year. Looks really nice. Watch out for the private cabanas by the pool. They look great!!!!! we're at the barut this year in july.
For anybody going to the hotels that you are discussing then there is not a great deal to do outside of them.This development of around 15 hotels has only just started to attract outside business's.There are a few recently opened Bazaars and Restaurants but no Pool halls or Bars.If you want to play pool or go to a local bar then you need to take a taxi to Örnekköy which is the nearest village. Shouldn't cost much around 10 YTL I would think.If anyone wants more info then PM me. Örnekköy is the village in which I live so I do know a little bit about what is where etc. The Hotels are better than LA. and everybody that has booked will have a great time ( believe me )

Ian
hi there

me and my husband went last year, it was lovely, the hotel is very nice, the downfall was we were the only english couple there, we were so glad we didnt take the kids cos they would of been bored.
Hi all,

I am going to this hotel at the end of April and have just been sent a letter by the tour operator warning me of building work in the area of the hotels. It is mentioned that they are building appartments and shopping malls and that they are laying water mains opposite the hotels, then it goes on the say that once in your hotel things should be okay and you won't notice it.

Has anyone got any further information on how intrusive this work is likely to be.

Thanks Steve.
We are also going to Lara beach at the end of April, we have not had a letter re the building work, but as our hotel (Larespark) is at the beginning of the strip, maybe it is not near our hotel......
The building work will be across from your hotel, across a wide main road. They have been building on the other side of this road for the last couple of years and we have never noticed any noise. All the hotel facilities are at the back of these hotels and a long way from this road. I doubt very much if you will have problem and the holiday company are just letting you know to cover themseves. Have you been to this area before? If not you are in for a treat - the hotels in this area are all excellent luxury 5* and the LimakLara is oneof the best...... hope this helps. Denny
Hi,

That makes me a bit more confident that everything is going to be just fine.

Thanks Steve.
We're off to the Limak Lara Deluxe in August - would be very interested in your feedback after your trip (sorry I can't help you out tho).

Lorraine
We're going on the 13th May, can't wait. We've been Barut and Larespark in Lara, both good hotels. From the reviews I've read and a helpful holidaymaker whos been the Barut and Delphin, its fantastic. Looking forward to the Tandoori restaurant and my daughter will love the slides. There is even a large Dragon slide in the indoor pool. Just ask if you need to know anything, I might have read something in other reviews.
I'm thinking of booking this hotel for next august (2009), with my wife and 13 yr old son.
Has anyone been there?, is it suitable for a 13yr old boy?.
I would appreciate any info on this hotel, also would it be better to book a room for a late departure with the travel agent or the hotel when i get there. (travel agent wants £54 for a late room until 7pm, we don't fly until 3am).

Thanks
welcome to HT

have you seen the turkey hotel reports see blue banner near top of index page for some of our other facilities

wizard
It is an excellent hotel. See my review from earlier this year.

Can your son enjoy his own company? The reason I ask is that the British are in a minority and he might not meet any playmates - tho' that might change in the School Summer hols.

You can use the facilities till you leave so I wouldn't bother with the cost of the room - cases in reception; shower in the spa; last few refreshing drinks in the hotel lobby;depart!!!
Thanks for the quick reply.
Guess my son will have to take extra games for his psp :cry .
Hi there

We were thinking about the Limark Lara, but decided the Royal Wings for next August 09. It seems to have more British people, which may mean more British children. We booked with Direct holidays, which was around £600 cheaper than Thomas Cook. I think that Thomas Cook own direct holidays. We got it quite reasonable.

We've been to the Delphin Palace the last 2 years but the price for that hotel for next year and increased hugely.

Karen
We are thinking about the Royal Wings

When we stayed at the Limak Lara, the glass lift closest to our room look ed out over the Royal Wings waterpark and fair - looked really good.
Could be going to the Royal wings instead now :) .
Anyone been there?.
Sheesh i hate booking holidays (welllll not really).
Fluffyles
I have been to the Limak lara and was there in august last year and our son was then 14 years old and he really enjoyed it but I think maybe you are better with one of the hotels with a teen club because it is harder to make friends at that age!! There are more brits going now to the Limak though than when we went. I think the Royal wings do have a teen club there. I have not stayed there but been around the hotel on a tour of it. The rooms are better at the Limak for the standard room, they are bigger and have a separate seating area and large plasma screen TV. We took a laptop for our son and the connection was free in the room.The bathroom to is better.
The Barut Lara have a wonderful teen club and animator and when we went this april which for our sons school was the easter holiday but not for most schools,he made friends quickly by joining in with the teens! It is though more pricey than the other hotels. Whichever you choose I am sure you will love it.
Cheers for that info.
Wifey still wants to go to the Limak, maybe me and my son will go to another hotel without telling her :rofl .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.