Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
limassol
48 Posts
Limassol is probably not the best first time to Cyprus experience, but of course this will depend on your likes and dislikes, if it's beaches then head east to Protaras or Agia Napa, if it's culture and lifestyle head west to Pafos, Limassol is a working town and has many good restaurants and good shopping, a very long beach with great views of the ships coming in, so to sum up let the members know what you like and then we will have a better idea...

cheers Jim
One year whilst staying in Protaras we hired a car (as you do) and visited quite alot of places. Limassol being one of them. To me, it would just be like holidaying in a city. Good place to live as you have things a City has (shops & bustle etc) but there's no way I'd holiday there... Beaches are naff.... A friend of ours booked to get married there, we said, sure you don't want to see our video first? She did...she changed it and got married in Napa. Whilst they were there they visited Limassol and she said 'Thank God we didn't go ahead and get married there' No way would it have been the same, as they married in Agia Napa but stayed in Protaras....As the above post says, not the best resort to choose for your first visit. But that's only my opinion... :)
Good Luck
Jess.... :wave
carol dont go to limassol for your first trip to cyprus, we went for the day last year, what a waste of time that was, we stayed in paphos, but there are lots of beautiful places to stay depends what sort of hoilday your looking for, but i would certainly reccomend going to cyprus, a beautiful place and the people are very friendly. :lol:

fizzxx
Hi

thanks for your replys we have now decided to try protaras has any one got any info on the artemis hotel or the katetanios hotel they are both aparthotels

thanks again carol :glynis
Actually in defence of Limassol, i actually enjoyed it and it was my first time.

We stayed in the Atlantica hotel and apartments, and out of all the hotels i have ever stayed in, in Cyprus that was the best for food.

This hotel was up a quite road with a mini market and pub, and the Doctors on the corner.

Its true it doesnt have the best beach, but last year they have cleaned it up and laid what i think is man made sand, before when we were there it was rock and pebbles.

If its a beach and resting holiday head for Pernera, about a 10 mins walk from protaras. If you want family all round everything, eg, restaurants, beaches, and entertainment for the kids, then protaras. For culture, try paphos, although that is one part of the Island i havent been to yet.

Limassol i liked the shopping, and we walked from Limassol right up to Amathus, my daughter was only 7 and it must have been 10 miles or more. We stayed around the pool, so only used the beach once. But there is a lot of nightlife here and it is high built hotels sprawn all over the place. There is a huge woolworths, which is very much like Debenhams over looking the sea.

If you went on the trip from Cyprus to Egypt, then you would catch the Mini-cruise from Limassol Harbour, where you can see them sell fish early in the mornings.

Limasol also has a nice water park and a small to medium fairground.

Limassol isnt fantastic for people in buggies nor wheelchair bound people. Although i think a lot of the roads have been completed :roll: cars are the worst here, they do not know the meaning of pedestrian crossings !

We went on a trip from Limassol to protaras and it was fabulous, the scenery there is breath taking. I loved my holiday to Limassol, but having been to pernera now for several years as its a little quieter than protaras and cheaper, we will continue going as its our second home.

Whichever place you choose, it will be magical i am sure :wink:
Hi carol
we always go to Lemesos on a day visit when on the island yes its the second bigest town on the island a main area for commerce but it has some nice hotels and a loyal following as said befor the ancient capital Pafos has a lot of artifacts and historical sights Agai Napper has some lovely beaches but the party capital reputation(it is aso the dearest resort on the island) and Protaras/Permera has some of the best beaches but is more family orintated.
Cyprus has something to offer most holiday makers.we have been going for several years and still not seen everything we want to.

brian
Haven`t been to Limassol for a few years, can anyone tell me if the two "TOP 10" cafes are still there, in the Potamos Yermasoya area, on the main road? Joseph was in charge, and we always got a great meal. They also did a mean brandy sour, which I really miss!
we went to Cyprus last year and stopped at the Atlantica hotel and apartments, We had a great time. the hotel is lovley and clean, food was great and the pool is great. We have been to Cyprus 4 times and enjoyed every time. If we go back it would be to this hotel.

Ok Limassol is not as pretty as some of the island,but we still enjoyed it. :) :)
We went to Cyprus last year in June and stayed at the Navarria Hotel this was our first visit to Cyprus and we were really disappointed with Limassol. The beach was awful. We hired a car and would say we found Phaphos to be the nicest place we visited. Limassol had many bars and restaurants but we felt we had made the wrong choice. Booms was a brill cocktail bar and Danaes was a great restaurant though!!!! :twisted:
We always stay in Limassol (and just came back) and what's nice about it is that it's sort of in the 'middle' with more or less equal distances north and south to travel from and also, it's a fun enough and busy place during the summer..
Would any one recommend Limassol for two weeks holiday. Have been to Pathos and Aya Napa but would like somewhere different if we go next month
ive been to pathos only got back friday, so what dod you think of pathos.

Ps, sorry dont know anything really about limmassol.
I personally don't like Lim and certainly not as much as Napa....however I know lots that do like Lim and go every year 8)

What about Protaras or Larnaca :?:
Yeah if you have been napa, i dont think according to my friends that you will find limmasol very good.
First off it's Paphos of Pafos :wink:

To be honest bejay it's all down to what you want. There is a lot going on
in Limassol and it's larger than both Paphos and Agia Napa, it's more a
large town than a resort. I've not stayed in Limassol as I stay in Episkopi
with my son which is only about 15km away though.
Personally I like Limassol :lol: There are lots of nice hotels in the tourist
area and plenty of pubs, clubs and restaurants right through the town.
It's also handy for sightseeing as it's in between everywhere :lol:
All in all I'd recommend it :lol:

Helenxx
everything in limmasol is slightly more spread out than say paphos, but hence its size.
Wasn't for me. I just didn't like it. We stayed at the Castle apts which were a bit dated. But had a massive pool. The apts were not to badly located. But we didn't think much of the nightlife. We spent most nights in the Nags Head at the back of the Castle apts.
There is no beach to speak of, not like in Napa.
Sorry Chris I have to disagree; there is beaches and lots of watersports :lol:
You can also go scuba diving and snorkelling if you want to.

Have a visit to the wineries and do some wine tasting :lol

If to like sightseeing there are a lot of very interesting sites nearby.

Helenxx
At my age, i only really go somewhere that has got a decent nightlife.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.