Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Local buses
10 Posts
I don't believe there is such a service. Unless you arrange a private transfer or taxi, I think you may perhaps have to do a combination of buses and taxi via Alicante City and Torrevieja.

David :wave
It will be a Bus to Alicante Bus terminal but think you actually have to get of just before due to the one way system then another bus to VillaMartin. or you could always ask http://www.clydegrovegolf.com/ about tranfers think i would rather this than about a 2 hour bus trip!
Thanks for these answers guys. I am the adventurous type and willing to try anything once. I know that I would need to catch 1) bus alicante airport - Alicante bus station 2) Alicante bus station - torrevieja 3) Torrevieja - Villamartin can anyone help with timetables routes and costs :que
Hi jondad ... for services from Alicante Airport to Alicante City, the company and website is ALSA. And for Alicante City to Torrevieja, it's COSTAZUL.

I don't know who, if anyone, operates a service Torrevieja to Villamartin, although I see fudgey mentions a service from Alicante City to Villamartin.

I'm glad you are up for an adventure, because it may well be one ! :lol:
I cannot speak from personal experience, but I have heard lots of folk saying the journey from Alicante Airport to Torrevieja by bus is not advised, as depending on connections, it can take longer than the flight from the UK to Alicante.

Are none of you up for a challenge. How much cash could be saved, what about the sightseeing opportunities what about the chance of meeting good friendly people. What about if these bus services are not used what happens. Communities can die if the community becomes insular
Yes, those are important factors to consider. But what many holidaymakers also have to consider, especially if they are arriving on a hot day with young kids and lots of luggage, is the quickest and easiest way of transferring from the airport to their holiday accommodation. Having to use 2 or 3 buses may not be an option which is suitable to them. They might also need to consider what transport options are available to them during the holiday, if required, and whether a self drive car might be the best method for sightseeing, visting local villages and communities, etc as well as those all important airport transfers. Everyone has different priorities, preferences and budgets.

I must apologise for assuming that these forums were to benefit permanent expats, holiday home owners as well as those visiting the area for young family ladden suitcase packed holidays. I am currently a holiday home owner who has recently purchased. I only wanted to appeal to those with knowledge to pass on whatever they might know for the benefit of in the first instance me and secondly all others who may be interested
No need to apologise. Hopefully the links above may provide you with some info, until perhaps someone with personal experience of the route comes along.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.