Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Not sure about the trousers hopefully someone can help. I have stayed at the hotel next door and it was mandatory there but a different hotel chain.

Re your room - have you paid for a sea view - as some of them are mountain view ?

Kath x
No we haven't paid for a sea view,we'd be quite happy with mountain or pool view,just not keen on looking out on the road.Did you enjoy Paphos,we've never been so it's all completely new to us.Would you advise hiring a car or using local transport.We've been to Ibiza lots of times and never hire a car but are wondering whether we ought to pre-book or wait until we arrive to decide.Thanks for your in-put.T.
The front of the hotel faces the road T. You are exactly opposite the Aliathon Holiday Village. You have a supermarket and a small cafe, as well as a couple of restaraunts there too. The mountains are far away in the back drop. The mountain view rooms are cooler in the afternoons as the sun will be on the pool/sea side. Although in August, it will be hot, hot, hot.

Local transport is easy, but very busy. We have always hired a car and managed to see a lot of places. Because they drive on the same side of the road as us I find it ok, but locals are very erratic drivers lol.

Kath x
but locals are very erratic drivers lol

I do a lot of driving in the UK (part of my job) and to be honest if you drive defensively (look ahead on the road not at the brake lights of the car in front, see the junction coming and expect that someone might pull out, only drive at a speed where you can stop in the distance you can see, leave plenty of room, check your mirrors etc etc) then I find driving in Cyprus no worse (in fact better) than in the UK !

in the UK I find someone driving straight into a roundabout without stopping and causing me to react about once a week. I find constantly people doing far less than the speed limit they are in holding up the traffic etc, people swerving like they are drunk (usually down to talking to passenger, rooting in car or on mobile phone), people who stop for no apparent reason then set off again when you have decided to pass them, people who park blocking roads and junctions, people who are doing 40mph in 50mph zones and then brake when a car comes the other way, people who drive at 40mph regardless of what limit they are in and that includes 30 and 20 limits, people who drive in the dark with no lights or only parking lights on (people who don't know what parking lights are !), people who drive with fog lights on when its not foggy etc etc etc...
Just this week I witnessed a lady driving a car who came to a junction in front of me and should have given way and did but then it was like her concentration had gone from the world she was in and was only thinking about how you pull out which is what she did, right in front of me (fortunately for her I'd already guessed she might so had my brakes covered).. I then followed her in disbelief at 25mph to the next junction (several hundreds of metres up the road) where again she stopped to give way then did the exact same just carried on and pulled out in front of another car as if the world had vanished and the only thing was how you pull out around a corner (like a learner driver might do without the knowledge of the instructor next to them) and both of these roads were at National speed limit !....

So really driving in Cyprus where you get the odd person weaving in lanes or forgetting to stop at a junction... is bliss !

Steve
as they are now part of the Louis Group i would not be suprised if they have a dress code you could send them an e-mail and ask, the link can be found on their web site

yasus
wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.