UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi, we stayed in a lovely cottage near to Harlech at Llanfair a couple of years ago. The website is http://www.hengaeau-farm.co.uk
There are 2 bedrooms, one double one twin, nice fitted kitchen with washing machine and dishwasher, bathroom, hallway, and a nice large lounge/diner. The cottage is on a working farm, but if your dog isn`t very active after his/her operation this shouldn`t pose a problem. There is a small paved patio outside the lounge patio doors, and this leads onto a small garden. It isn`t completely enclosed, but unless your dog is fit enough to jump low walls it should be OK. The cottage has it`s own driveway, a dirt track really from the farmyard, but there is a farm gate that you can keep closed. There is ample parking for a couple of cars, lovely views, and only a couple of minutes drive to the nearest beach. Harlech is a mile away, and it`s not too much of a drive into Barmouth. Betwsy-coed is also a very nice day out, nice village with shops and cafes, and beautiful surrounding scenery.
The lady at the farm, Mrs. Thomas, is really nice, you can also buy eggs and milk from her.
Be prepared to have the odd sheep in the garden or on the patio, but they soon run off if they see anyone!
Hope this has been of some help.
Thank you for the info - looks very nice there, just read your reply in other posting - will add those activities to the list!

Jed our staffie still thinks he can charge round in typical staffie style, but forgets this makes his leg ache :roll: I think he would run a mile from any sheep in the garden :lol:

Alison :D
I know that you`re sorted now, but I posted a review about this place on http://www.myholidayreport.com
last year, with a photo of Sam the year old lamb at the window. Just click on UK, then Wales. Went to Aberdovey, very pretty, nice beach for children.
I love the photo of the sheep peering in! Jed would of tried to run thru the window to chase it!

He would be able to get over that wall too i reckon, even with his leg :shock:

Not seen that site before, nice to read some more reviews!

Alison :D
Actually there is a drop of several feet over that wall to the garden, but it can be reached via a path from the patio. Another place we liked was a glass maker in Corwen called Glassblobbery, you can actually watch him at work, he made us a cat whilst we were watching.
Thanks Suzy - i had looked there - looks great but quite expensive we liked the look of a cottage in Portmerrian but it was £720 for 1 week!

We stayed with this company a few years ago and they are very good - excellent quality of cottages.

We have booked a little bungalow in Aberdovey now which sounds a great base for the week :D

Thanks Alison
Glad you have sorted a cottage........Portmerion is so beautiful,mind you all of the North wales coast is....( I would say that though )...have a lovely time...Suzy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.