Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
sounds like you had a fantastic holiday Jenny
it also sounds just like the type of apartment complex that we would enjoy.
would you please post a hotel report.

Andy
Glad you enjoyed Turunc, and Burak apartments, you really can't fault them can you?
Jenny C
Glad you had a great time in Turunc. We are going again this year which will be our 6th year on the run to Turunc. We just love the place. We have stayed at the Burak apartments for 2 years. The only reason we moved was as the kids were getting older, needed a bit more space, i'm the first one up in the morning and got fed up creeping around the lounge trying to make my early morning cup of tea and not wake them up. We have now moved to a 2 bed roomed complex but still call in to see Ramazen and Lale and would have gone to their BBQ last year only we were leaving on that day. Turunc is a place you will want to go back to again and I can't wait to get there again. Roll on the 2nd August :sun2 .
Hi Andy,
sure you would like the Burak apartments. just requested they be added to hotel review list then i will post my thoughts. in meantime just go on to their website - just google Burak apts, Turunc

wish i was back there now :(
Hi jenny

The Burak Apartments have now been added to the review site.

luci :wave
Hi Jenny,

Glad you enjoyed your holiday, knowing you liked Dalyan and Akyaka, I knew you would love Turunc!
Also good to hear you liked Bondjuk's, the food and atmosphere really are superb.

We have also just come back from Turunc and one of our new discovery's this year was the Paradise cafe just up from the
Habit bar. We had always thought of it as a traditional Turkish cafe, where the men go and play board games and
hadn't really taken much notice of it.

However having read an earlier discussion on HT discussing what lamachun actually is and seeing it advertised there we decided to try it for lunch. Even after years of going to Turkey we still discover new things every holiday! It cost 3 lira, so when asked how many we thought they must be small and asked for two each, and a salad. When they were served we found that one would have been enough, although we still managed to eat the two, because they were so nice! Perfect for lunchtime.

We were delighted to find we now have two new bakeries in the village. They are both on the road that runs parallel to the main street
near Pasha's. It was lovely to have a good choice of different kinds of freshly baked bread in the morning! For those who like cakes and
pastries there is also a good selection of them too.

Another lunchtime treat we had this time were meat and chicken pancakes at Yunus, small family run pancake house near the petrol station.

This holiday was a complete chill-out and a much needed rest from work. The next one will be with all our family including our grand-daughters so will probably be a more energetic one!

Anyway Jenny, sounds like Burak was the perfect choice for you, and glad you liked it!
Hi Alfie,
I found that bakery too, near Pashas, on one of my early morning strolls out for the bread.

Really wish we had booked for two weeks now but hopefully next year, ive just posted a hotel report for Burak apts, Ramazan asked if i could and it was so nice there i wanted to share it but part of me wanted to keep it secret too :think, maybe thats why there are very few reports for it.

Hope you have fun on your next trip out with your family, i'm envious!!

Take care

Jennyc
Hi Jenny,
Forgot to ask did you go on a boat trip after all?
Alfie
Hi Alfie,
No we didnt, just took water taxi round to Ichmeler, but thanks again for details and i have kept them to pass on to any friends going out, or maybe next time for me :thanks

Jennyc
thank you Luci, i have now done full report for Burak apartments and Turunc

Jennyc :wave:
If you need a quite and relaxing also quality holiday here is your option; Serendip Hotel in Kumlubuk Turunc...
Unfortunately, we discovered Tarunc, and HT after we had already booked to go to Ovacik.
This is our 2nd trip to Turkey, the first a disaster, and I'm not too hopeful about this
trip in September. (although we do plan on enjoying our holiday whatever).
We are determined to discover a truly lovely part of Turkey,that isn't all about Brit's abroad, English restaurants, and the constant pestering, (which I have recently been told happens in ALL Turkey resorts, but I'm sure I read somewhere that the Mayor of Tarunc has banned it there)?
We're thinking of giving Tarunc a try next time.
I've only heard good things about Tarunc, and we're grateful of people like you giving a
true report of the resort and all it has to offer.
In fact, I'm going straight to have a look at Burak apartments when I've finished writing this.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday Jenny, and so glad you gave us this glowing report.
Places like Tarunc would remain undiscovered if you didn't!!! :tup
Hello Pandy1956,

Glad you want to try Turunc next year, it really is quite delightful, it has its own website too.
Also look at Dalyan and Akyaka, both very pretty and still Turkish.
Have a great holiday when you go in September

jennyc
Pandy,also have a look at Akyaka,we visited this place last year just for the day,but I think it is more Turkish than Turunc,and a lot cheaper to eat out.It has a proper sandy beach,I cant wait to visit it again.Turunc is a lot more expensive to dine out than Marmaris and Icmeler. :wave:
Hi Crispy,

We stayed in Akyaka last year and you are right it is cheaper to eat out there then Turunc and it is very pretty, and i noticed quite a few young turkish couples holidaying there. We stayed B and B at the Yucelen Hotel which has its restaurant over looking the beach. Akyaka is smaller than Turunc so maybe good for a week, which was length of our holiday. Lovely relaxing river trip from there and pretty riverside restaurants alongside, so yes, would always recommend it.

jennyc
Thanks guys, I haven't booked anything yet.
Hubby likes the sound of Akyaka, (one of his work mates went 2 years ago and recommended it).
I'll have a look at hotels e.t.c. :tup
Hi Pandy,
Dont know if you intend to book independantly or through travel firm, not many go to Akyaka. I booked through Anatolian Sky to Yucelen Hotel, there is another place called Ottoman Hotel which is adult only but quite a way down the river and i think to walk into town and back in evening could require a torch and maybe not too much wine with dinner :rofl. Never actually walked there but passed it on river trip. If booking independantly then post a request on HT for any apartments to rent, someone is bound to know something. Thats how i found Burak apartments in Turunc. Good luck!

jennyc
Thanks Jenny. We don't intend on going till next June,
so plenty time to do a bit of research in the meantime.
We also plan on hiring a car whilst we're in Ovacik in September, and checking some places out.

I must admit, the Ottaman hotel sounds a bit like home!!
We live 500 yards away from the only pub for 4 miles, and with no street
lights in our village, we often feel our way home, and try not to fall over the low bridge into the river.
Believe me, many a drunken Cornishman has ended up 'in the drink'.
Not me though........ Yet :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.