General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Luggage labels
6 Posts
Haven't used luggage labels for years
I would definitely recommend luggage labels. Once you make a mistake like this you will never make it again. We were holidaying in Cyprus as a family. Arrived at the airport very tired with our 2 year old daughter. Collected the cases from the ramp. Took them back to the hotel. Collapsed into bed. Got up the next morning. Tried to open the case to get dressed. The case was locked. On further inspection, it wasn't even my case, although identical with mine. There was a luggage label, but I hadn't bothered to check it as I was convinced it was my case. Had to drive back to the airport and luckily did retrieve my own case. I felt so sorry for the person whose case I had taken. Still I'm sure the airport would have returned the case back promptly as well. So now I always check the luggage label before collecting my case, just to be sure.
I have a heavy duty permanent bright pink label, with just my surname on, this is really for me with case recognition as so many are alike, but on the inside I have my name and mobile number
When you check in your luggage it has a sticky tag put on it and you get a stub usually put on your boarding pass or passport - all your information are on both of these tags - name, destination etc, so in respect of the bags going somewhere else, they're very easy to trace, short of either tag being lost.

The big problem nowadays is people attach all kinds of ribbons and cords to their suitcases to make them identifiable that these get caught in the conveyer belts the cases travel along and cause more trouble than they're worth.
[list=][/list]

What was the old saying about flying on Concorde

Breakfast in London

Lunch in New York

Luggage in Los Angeles :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.