Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Judy,

Can't comment on the Mamlouk, but have been to the Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay twice and can highly recommend it. Have been all inclusive to Egypt 5 times (6th come August) and the SRMB has been the best by far.

Reasons being:

Food - Choice of 2 buffet restaurants, 3 a la cartes (Mediterrean, Asian and Italian) soon to be 5 and all of which are very good.
Beach - Situated directly on it's own beach which is gently shelving, calm and easy on your feet. Boat trips are also available from the beach, so no need to be transported by coach to Hurghada to go on boat trips. Also, various water sports from the beach.
Pools - Two huge pool, one of which is located towards the rear of the property and is for children., which the other large pool is near the beach. Also a few other pools to choose from. Both large pools have swim up bars and food is also available around both at lunch times.
Accommodation - Kept very clean and has everything you need (apart from tea/coffee facilities) but would class it more 4*
Hotel in general - Cover a vast area and is set out more like a village. Grounds and hotel in general are kept immaculate. There is nothing outside the hotel apart from other hotels (desert to rear and beach to front) Hotel is located some 25 minutes from Hurghada should you want a change, and taxis are readily available from reception area.

Hope the above helps, and I hope to return sometime in the future.

Regards,
Pat

Hope the
Would agree with Pat from a point of choosing between the two however there are far better hotels around.

You mention you are a couple only and the Royal has loads of children. As well as that the nightlife/entertainment are heavily centralised and you can hear one set of entertainment clashing with others. The beach is enclosed by other hotels and is a sandpit compared to some others. A net surrounds their allocation because of the boat activity at the side!!

I've been to several of the hotels in Makadi bay/Hurghada and still can't beat the Makadi Palace. It knocks spots off the Royal but its really an unfair comparison. Have a look at the redseahotel group to see for yourself.

http://www.redseahotels.com/index.php?id=2

regards

Stew
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.