Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
I'm surprised nobody has responded to this to be honest. In my experience of Greece in October I think you will find most bars and restaurants still open, certainly in a "mega" resort like Malia. I often find that the sea is still warm enough to swim in, which certainly encourages slightly off season travel to be better at the end than the beginning of the season.

I don't mind Malia at anytime to be honest but I would certainly think that October would be a more enjoyable time to visit with most of the 18-30 brigade retired until next years big one. Weather should be good also, certainly less of a risk than Corfu or Zakynthos.

Enjoy :sun2
Malia is definetely more relaxed at this time of year, just like it is during April and may, a lot more couples and families visit at this time and the freindlier workers of the resort are still there.

The weather as mentioned above is quite good but you have to expect possible rain at this time of year in Crete, I suppose it depends on year to year.

A lot of the bigger clubs and bars have closed down, but the smaller bars are all still open.

For a nice place to eat try Kreta taverna by the way. Just past the garage towards Heraklion on the main road.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.