Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi there, have stayed in the Margaret in Kremasti twice, Apartments are clean and spacious, people running them very helpful and friendly, food in snack bar by pool delicious, you could eat all day (unfortunately). Very Close to Beach which is shingly but I like the fact that it is not too busy and the sea is nice.

Kremasti was quiet but each time I go there it seems to be getting busier. Typical Greek town, you will not have any problem finding nightlife or places to eat. The Margaret provides entertainment most evenings, Bar-B Que, bingo, Karaoke, can get drinks quite late here also.

Kremasti very close to Rhodes town, taxis are cheap and frequent. Hope this is of some help, if you have any other questions just ask>>>
kremasti in very near the airport and the noise can get on your nerves.
the beack is a bit pebbley but you can stop on sunbeds at tassos place where he does food on the beach front.
Any night out has to finish at tommies bar,quizzes,killer darts and bingo
can you tell mewho you booked your holiday with. I want to go to the Margaret appt in Kremasti but i cannot find a which tour opperater to book with
A better way is to do a DIY holiday.I know the bloke who owns the Pygros hotel which is just past Tommies bar towards Trianda,down a quiet side street,a 5 minute walk to the beach.
You can pick up a flight for 80 quid return,taxi from airport to hotel is 10 euro and he charges 15 euro per night for a studio or 25 euro for a 1 bedroom appartment.
A 2 week stay should cost 160 quid each for a studio,if you require his phone number,pm me and I will pass it on.
I used to rep here and they are well maintained with a pleasant swimming pool area.

Despite the aircraft noise (which believe it or not you do get used to - not a problem) this is on a fairly quiet road, surrounded by similar properties. It's a very short walk to the village or the beach. The main road through Kremasti is much quieter than it used to be, thanks to new routes bypassing the village centre.

This is a great place to stay as Kremasti is still a greek village, so it feels 'alive' unlike some of the purpose built resorts. You've got the usual shops, bars and restaurants but will still see the old men playing backgammon outside the library!

Great location for sightseeing too, as a bus from the main road (v frequent service) will take you into Rhodes town. Or stop off at the next town Trianda for a larger choice of restaurants, bars and shops. Just inland of Trianda is Filerimos (get a taxi up and if you're brave, walk down!) with it's monastery, ancient ruins and fantastic views across the west coast. By car or taxi, the east coast is easily accesible too - just inland of Kremasti the road cuts right across the island and takes you to Faliraki. A 20 minute drive further down the west coast will take you to ancient Kamiros or Valley of the Butterflies.

Do visit the supermarket, round the corner from the Margaret, the owner (Maria) is a complete loon but lovely with it!!

ENJOY! :D :D :D
We stayed in Kremasti about 6 or 7 years ago in apartments which i think were close to Margaret Studio Apartments. We had a really good holiday. Got a taxi into Rhodes town a few times.

I cant remember the name of the family ran place that we stayed at. I think it was up past Margaret Studio Apartments on the left. Could someone please put a name to the place. People from other apartments would come to the bar next to it of an evening because of the great atmosphere. The family running it were so friendly that when they found out it was our anniversery, they gave us a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket with two glasses. Would love to go back there sometime.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.