Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
margarita
21 Posts
Hi Andy, Thankyou for a speedy reply.
More than welcome you'll have a brill time!!
hi sunderland
me and the wife and kids went to margarita in august 2007 was brill stayed at the dunes resort which was amazing hope you have a brill time
Hi jsijay. can u recommend a tour operator. We flying wiyh first choice but they are pricey when it comes to tours :que
hi sunderland
i think we booked trips with frist choice they weren't that bad we done the mango swamp trip really good could send you some pics if you want m8 :tup :tup hope you have a gr8 hols iam off to mexico tomoz if you have any more questions ask me today m8 let me know wot you thought of margarita on your return cheers m8
Hi gsijay and welcome to HT!

Can I ask that you do not use phone style text, eg gr8 instead of great, m8 instead of mate, etc as per our Rules of Posting?

Some of our visually impaired members use Screen Readers that do not recognise this type of text.

luci :wave
Yes please gisjay, i would love to see the photos as my husband and myself have never done a swamp tour. Wish i had known earlier you were off to mexico, we went last year it was fabulous, hope you enjoy it :wave:
hi sunderland sorry try to post some pics but cant coz i havn't posted a nuff posts on here yet !! rite i am off to gatwick to go on me hols to hopefully sunny mexico !!!!!!!! :tup :tup :tup :tup
You may not be able to post links to photos, but you can upload them to our Photo Galleries at the top of the page.

luci :wave
If you get the chance you must do the Angel Falls tour, amazing.

Some pictures of Margarita and Canima National Park.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/403443716oBhmdd?vhost=travel

http://travel.webshots.com/album/403514629?vhost=travel

You can get more info on tours available from this site -
http://www.margaritaislandguide.com/

The jeep safari is a good day out as is going horse riding.
Thank you so much for the photos, ive just checked them out and angel falls looks brill, if not a little scarey especially the top of the falls. Will check out the tour sites and definately book this one. We stayin at lagunamar, mixed reports about this hotel but we going with an open mind and afterall holidays are what you make them yourself. Thanks again :D
did you book your angel falls tour with walters tours or go with first choice rep. Ive read about several accidents with cheap flight operators over there so any advise would be greatly accepted.
When I was there I booked with F.C. rep.
Trip was fantastic
Thanks Andy, i will do the same, better to be safe than sorry. Im really looking forward to it, was a little apprehensive earlier in the week due to the Russian bombers landing in Venezuela and then the goverment there dispelling the American Embasador but all seems calm at the mo. Ive got a Spanish for beginners disc as its been reported that very few speak English in the resort, is that true
Hi

We booked our tours directly with FC in resort, and they weren't that much more expensive than booking through another company.
Several people did book through Walter and they had a great time on their excursions but they are not any different to what you can book through FC.
The Angel Falls trip is very popular and spaces can be limited so I would suggest that if you are considering going you should book it fairly early on when you arrive.

Spanish: if you are able to speak a little (basics) that will help, in the hotel / resort you will usually be fine, but if you are out and about English is generally not easily understood or spoken very well, but you will manage to communicate.

Graham
SUNDERLAND we have been to your hotel and it was brill we loved it .......colleen
Hi, Colleen and Graham. Thankyou so much for your invaluable advise. I think i will stick to first choice as we have done in the past except for mexico, i booked on line with an agent over there and found the price difference astonishing but i will trust your judgement on this one. Colleen if u are reading this can u advise on best places to eat seeing as u have stayed at the laguna mar and any other advise will be greatfully accepted. Thankyou,
Hi SUNDERLAND it was a few years back that we were there .you will love it it was very good ..there are a few places to go and eat go to them all and try them all out ...not a lot of people know this but you can go have your breakfast in the mexican rest/ they do a lovely breakfast and its never very busyin there where as in the main one you sometimes cant find a table bring some of your own tea bags its always nice to have a nice cup of tea they have english tea but its hard to get it some mornings ....colleen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.