Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I have approved two reviews on this site for these apartments in the past 2 days and they are the "real truth" from our members.

Unfortunately our reviews site is down at the moment, but hopefully will be back soon.

luci :wave
Hi bluechairs....did you go and stay at the marianth apartments...did you post a review...am booked to go this august...so curios...please post an upto date review if you havnt already done so...and let us all know how it went
we have 2 reviews from september last here

yasus
wizard
:whoops ....sorry we're frustrating you wizard....I have read reviews on here....was just curious if bluechairs had gone...if he had written a review ...and what he thought of them himself...am going August myself and promise to post an extensive and honest review myself when I return....am I forgiven :(
Ne parakalo [yes your welcome]

yasus
wizard
I have stayed at these studios twice and am going back this sept :D
If you have been to Greece before then you will know what to expect anyway in sc studios.
I just love the Marianthi for these reasons; every studio faces the sea and has a balcony, is only a stones throw from the shops and restaurants but feels very peaceful, the pool area and bar is more than adequate,and i have always found everything to be clean.
There was a cockroach (just one) last year but we dealt with it and never saw it again, they are not really equipped if you are going to be really cooking proper stuff, but i have never had more than drinks and biscuits as i love having every meal out.
They do breakfast and lunch snacks which are both very good.
If you have a large apartment there is a bit of a climb, but hey its holiday time so no rushing up !
The beach nearest to the studios is only a 5 min walk and there is a pretty good snack bar there.
Just ask me if you need any more info :sun2
Phyll
Thanks Phyll....went to mainland Greece last Nov for first time ...went as part of party of kickboxers for world championships...only us at hotel....usually mobile homes in Spain...we stayed in what was probably a typical sc room/studio...it was the Panarama in Tolo near Argos in the southern Peleponesse area...we were bed and breakfast...breakfast was brilliant ...they even put out homemade biscuits and tangerines we were free to take away to eat later...lunch was down to ourselves...and we sorted out where to eat for main evening meal as a group...as was nov most places closed...and we were getting back very late from the events...so except for 2 nights the hotel owner put a buffet on for us ...which included homemade Greek dishes, and for a lot less than we had been paying in resturants...the room was cleaned every day...all in all we had a great time. Reminds me must put review in.

So think I know what to expect...the panorama has set the standard ...so hope Marinthi apartments are as good.
I will be taking cereal for the lads for breakfast so as long as fridge works and can get fresh milk breakfast is sorted...a bonus would be to be able to get some of the lovely Greek yogurt and fresh fruit I got hooked on last year for breakfast.
Place to buy fresh bread or rolls and something to fill them will sort lunch....always take biscuits tea and coffee and tinned tuna which I found expensive last year in Tolo ( one of lads favorite sandwich fillers). I take concentrated squash with me to add to large bottles of water I buy and buy fresh juice and big bottles of pop from the local supermarket .

As long as apartment clean , airconditioning toilet and shower works ,towels and beds changed, fridge works, enough clean equipment and crockery to sort breakfast ,make sandwitches and beverages ...I will be a happy bunny....dont want to do a Jamie Oliver :D

ps...dont mind climbing up... keep me fit

We then eat out for main evening meal.
There is an excellent supermarket down the main street just minutes from Marianthi, and one almost next door but not quite so well stocked.
I would maybe take some drinks glasses or just buy some cheap ones cos as i said they are not well equipped, but i just think they dont expect people to do any catering. But the ketles work, the fridges are fine and have always had hot water.
Oh just remembered, they have lots of power cuts so take matches and candles and get the "slap" on before dark !!!!!!!!
Phyll
power cuts phyll :yikes ....never mind the slap....how do you run air conditioning with power cuts...can take plastic glasses no problem...but really need reliable airconditioning...you pay quite a lot for it so not being able to use it because of power cuts is unacceptable...why do they have power cuts ...is it all of Pefkos or just these apartments...how long do they last......people using candles everywhere isnt safe...its a fire risk
The power cuts affected parts of the village aswell as the studios, didnt last for long though and only once did it happen in the night when the air con went off.
I didnt feel the candles were a fire hazard cos we just sat out on the balcony before then went out to eat when we were ready, it wasnt a regular event so i hope i havent worried you too much, you can take a couple of torches instead of candles which is what we are doing this year; its really what you expect in Greece anyway :D
Phyll x
will take my wind up torch...and a few candles for the balcony...I am worried about the heat so need the air???? on...to tell the truth think I will spend most of my week in Pefkos in the apartment with it on...when I went Tolo last nov I enjoyed sitting on balcony having a coffee ect , watching the lads in the pool and enjoying the veiw...it was a covered shady balcony for some of the day....from the pictures the balconies at the marianthi apts are open....really cant take the heat ....hope pool bar has aircon??
No the pool bar doesnt have air con because it is in the open but it does have shade :D
Phyll
I am going to the Marianthi in July (if its not changed again - holiday been changed twice already since we booked it last July). Read loads of reviews about it which are quite mixed. We've gone to places in the past which have had terrible reviews but we have loved. Sometimes I wonder why I read the reviews although it is interesting to read others opinions, I tend to use them to find out where the nearest supermarkets, best resturaunts, cheapest bars, etc are.
Hi Susan....you can post and lets know how you found things....If a few bad reviews on a place and a lot of good ones then bad ones can be one off experiences...take it hotel owners read reviews too...so probably taken note of and put right...also everyone is different and so what suits one wont suit another...there is also the fact that people are more likely to post a review if they have a complaint than if they had had an alright or good time.

All bad reviws and lots of them sends warning bells.

When you have lots of good reviews...people have thought the holiday deserved praise...to the degree it prompted them to write a review...odd bad ones wouldnt worry me

A thought just crossed my mind ....how many of us book because we feel its a good deal....then go looking for info on the accomodation we have already booked.... :whoops thats me...guilty as charged..
This time doing my homework first :tup
ps....just to clarify....son already booked marianth apts for me (am going to his wedding) was but doing homework for hubbys surprise 50th ;) ...we are taking him to gran caneria....have just edited this post wed 8th april ... booked it yesterday :tup ...he thinks we arent interested ...too busy with wedding to be bothered :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.